Chapter 48

~Devin's POV~

Spring came about faster than expected, but I was glad, because that meant in two months I'll be graduating.

The phone calls finally stopped after the second month he had been gone. I don't know why I never talked to him, but as I've said before I'm sure it's for the best. He'd probably just end up hurting me again. I still love him, and I still have the necklace his mom gave me on Christmas. I wear it almost everyday.

"You ready for the movies? Niall is meeting us there in ten," Reese says from behind me. I've been hanging around Niall a lot lately but nothing has come of it. He's more of a brother to me than anything.

Reese and Niall bicker like cats and dogs, but who doesn't Reese fight with? She'd probably argue with the postman for not delivering her mail on time.

"Yeah," I tell her, grabbing my bag and keys from the bed, following to her car.

Whatever movie Niall decided on, was a bust. It was so cheesy and predictable I almost left the theater. He's no longer allowed to pick the movies.

"Remind me to never choose a movie again," he says, pushing his blonde short hair back off his forehead.

"Noted," both Reese and I say in unison.

"Want to get some food?" I nod. I'm starving.

"I have a date tonight so I'll let you two go. You okay with riding home with him?" Reese fixes her leather jacket up on her shoulders.

"When you say date do you mean going to the bar, picking up some random chick and-" Here we go.

"I'll cut you. I was just starting to like you too." She punches Niall's arm and he grabs it wincing from the pain she inflicted.

"Will you two ever learn to be civil?" I shake my head. "Come on Niall, I'm starved."

"Goodbye Reesy poo." I hear her groan as we head out to the parking lot.

"She's going to get you back for that you know," I tell niall, climbing into his car.

"She'll get over it." Does he not know that the girl can hold a grudge?

***

Niall and I decided on just going to Mama's. As we wait for our food, I can't help but find myself looking through the most recent pictures on my phone.

Harry and I didn't really take a lot of pictures together, it was more or less a selfie war. He would take my phone and sneak pictures of himself then set it as my background, and I'd do the same with his. When I come across one of both of us, we're kissing. I'm taking the picture. His hand is cupping my cheek and he's smiling, dimples on full view. His hair is pulled back.

In what seems like forever I find myself actually smiling. How a simple picture can do that is incredible. I remember this night we argued on what movie to watch. He wanted some action movie and I wanted a hopeless romance movie. Instead, we took pictures, laughing and carrying on. I would never trade this for the world. My smile spreads wider when I come across the next picture of us both laughing, both our cheesy grins brighten up the whole room. I miss these moments. I miss him.

"Holy shit she's smiling. Someone call Guinness World Records, we have to put this in there," I hear Niall say.

"Oh, shut up." I roll my eyes and put my phone back in my bag.

"What were you looking at? I'm surprised you were able to smile that big it has been so long."

"Just pictures."