Chapter 27

~Harry's POV~

I wake up to the sound of the front door slamming and to the only person I never thought I'd see again. Alexa.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I stand to my feet. I look around the whole flat Devin is gone. All her things, gone.

"I swear to fucking god Alexa what the hell did you say to her." I scream stepping close to her.

"God chill the fuck out will you. I only came over to ask for a ride, I said nothing to her. She just left." She shrugs her shoulders looking around my flat.

"Bullshit Alexa! I swear if this is your sick way of saying we're together you're wrong!" I stomp to the door opening it. "Leave, I'm not going to ask you again. Fucking take the bus." She rolls her eyes.

"A simple please leave would have been nicer you know." She kicks off her black heels bending over, I turn my head looking out the door. "Wow, she's really got to you." I feel her nails scrape against my arm as she walks in front of me.

"Alexa..." I warn her.

She laughs her snide laugh. "Until next time." I slam the door once she’s out. Every fucking time I see her my body immediately responds in anger. I can't stand her. And I know for damn sure she said something to Devin or else she'd still be here. Fuck, how long had she been here before I even woke up?

I look around for my phone once I find it I immediately call Devin.

~Devin's POV~

Going straight home wasn't an option. It’s so early, my eyes hurt and this diner I'm at smells of old people. The waitress has asked me countless times if I was okay, I replied with a nod.

When I answered the door I was expecting a neighbor, a friend maybe, or his parents. But no, only that girl, she was so determined, so vile when the words left her mouth. I didn't want to stick around. So I just left. My heart is slowly breaking because the fact Harry had been seeing someone else...but I love him...

Do you really think that? You didn't even stay.

She said it herself, who the fuck are you and why are you in my man's house...The words hit me like a ton of bricks. Harry has called over a dozen times, sent over five messages. What did she say to you, are you okay?  No. Where are you, I went to your house. Devin please answer your phone.

I finally shut my phone off and leave a small tip for the poor lady who had to deal with my tensioned silence in this empty diner.

Standing at the sliding doors of the rehab building connected to the hospital, I contemplate on even going in because the condition I'm in. I'm afraid they might mistake me for one of their patients.

Taking the deepest breath I can I walk to the front desk. The lady sitting there is on the phone. I pick nervously at my nails as I wait for her to hang up.

"Can I help you miss," her sweet voice has me look up at her.

"Uhh yeah," my voice cracks slightly. "My mother was admitted about two weeks ago."

"Alright, are here to visit her?" I nod. "Well sweetie I need her name...are you okay?" Her voice filed with concern.

"I'm fine just couldn't sleep, her names Deborah Cavanaugh."

"I'm not guaranteeing she’s awake at this time but," her polished nails tap away at the keyboard. "She’s in room 2112, take two lefts then she's right there by the dining area." I thank her quietly holding on to my bag as I walk the cold halls.