Chapter 34

~Harry's POV~

I'm sitting here in the only room I try to avoid the most in this damned school. Ms. Graves is pacing back and forth behind her desk and I'm just waiting for her to blow up or tell me I'm fired or whatever shit she has planned in her mind for me.

"Why?" She looks at me and her face is flat.

"Why what?" I know what she's asking.

"Don't play stupid," she sighs. "You are one of our best teachers here...come to find out you are fraternizing with Ms. Cavanaugh. That's disappointing. I thought more of you Harry." I just look at her, my face emotionless.

"I don't know what you heard, but all I did was help her. While you are worrying about this you have a student who nearly raped her walking around your halls. But this is what you worry about?" I half-laugh.

"Zaid Winters will be taken care of, but as for you...I'm fed up with this lying and sneaking around s-shit!" She slams her hands on her desk, trying her hardest to be the intimidating women she thinks she is.

"Are you my parent? No. Treat me like an employee, not like your child." I roll my eyes, standing up.

"Fine...you're on a one month suspension. If you have any contact with Ms. Cavanaugh we won't hesitate to call her mother."

"What exactly does her mother have to do with me practically saving her?" Her eyes fall slightly as if she's said too much.

"That doesn't concern you. Now pack your things and get out of my school until further notice, Mr. Styles."

***

The halls faded and the students stared and whispered. This is what I got for trying to be a hero? What I got for being in love with someone years younger than I am? It all may sound sick and to most people it is. But Devin is old enough to make her own decisions.

"Harry..." Grace knocks on the door of my not-so childhood bedroom.

"Yeah?" She takes that as my welcome for her to come in.

"I just wanted to see if you were-"

"Okay? Do you think losing my job is okay? Then yeah sure. Do you think not being able to see Devin is okay? She's the only fucking reason I stay sane." I stand from my bed, cutting her off.

"You'll be okay..." She stands near the door, waiting till I really blow up on her.

"Yeah, well I'm not. It's only been two damn days and I'm already going insane. I'm staying away from Devin because it's for the best."

"Is it Harry? Is it for the best?" She asks, letting go of the door and walking towards me. "I've mothered you since you were ten. When you started something - anything - you wouldn't give up until it was finished. Are you going to let this get in between the two of you? This is not the Harry I raised. The Harry I raised wouldn't give up because someone told them no." She's right like fucking always.

"She's seventeen...we've been intimate. We've done so much that could really ruin us both in the end."

"It was consensual Harry, it's not like you forced her into it. If anything happened you know damn well your father would be on top of it." She stomps her foot to the ground. "My baby boy isn't going anywhere. I promise."

"Dad doesn't need to get involved in this Grace..." I look down at her.

"Watch him," she challenges. I roll my eyes, moving over to the balcony door.

"Do you suggest we sneak around?" The sun is starting to set over the water and memories flood my mind of Devin and I on the beach.

"If that's what it takes." She pats my shoulder. "You'll figure something out. You're a Styles, we always figure things out one way or another."