Chapter 16

~Harry's POV~

        I remember sitting in the corner of the hallway, the air smelled rotten, my nose was burning and I felt sick to my stomach. The tears have dried up now and the pain of the burns have faded slightly. They left me there for a week to fend for myself. I remember once going out to the back yard where there was a broken swing set, trying my hardest to fix it to be able to enjoy what was left of it. But there was no hope I just sat in the grass picking at it, making friends with the little ants that crawled by. 

        I was hungry, from what I remember so hungry, so hungry it felt like the inside of my stomach was on the outside. I found some bread in the fridge it was okay, I had to pick around the edges of the mold that was on it. But it filled me up enough until they came back.

        "Rex, baby come help mommy in the bedroom," I hear my mother say to the bad man. I hear the loud stomps of his large feet across the floor and the door to her room shut. That night I heard things, things I didn't ever want to hear. I remember squeezing my hands around my ears crying to dilute the noises coming from the other side of the wall. 

      "Mommy whats that," I point at the spoon with clear liquid in it. 

        "That's my poison Harry," she always called it that, I knew what it was being 5 years old I was pretty smart. 

        "And that," I point to the unopened needle laying on the table.

        "That's what I use to put the poison in me Harry," I look up at my mother her hair stringy her face pale and sunken in. She looked dead.

        I watched my mother put the poison in her, her body immediately reacted to the substance, her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she laughed. It was the most horrifying sight to see. I always told myself even being so young i would never try this poison ever. Because I knew what it did, it kills and its as simple as that.

~ Devin's POV~

        "I don't think your little fucking teacher boyfriend will be seeing you again after what i just did to him," Zaid says into the phone. Some how he found out Harry was taking me to work and now he thinks we're seeing each other. Why is this any of his fucking concern we are over. 

        " Zaid what the fuck did you do to him!" I scream back. "He hasn't done anything but take me to work, and even if there was anything going on it wouldn't concern you anyways so get your head out of you fucking ginger ass and fucking realize that I'm over you! Don't bring Mr. Styles into this, hes done nothing wrong, he was just helping me since I do work for his fucking mother!" I'm sitting outside the restaurant, my face is red and the anger is rising fast, my hand grips my phone tighter i just want to throw it but i don't.

        "We aren't done until i say I'm done you fucking little cunt!" My eyes fill with tears what the hell is wrong with him.

        "You don't fucking control me Zaid, now leave me the fuck alone!" I hang the phone up leaning against the side of the restaurant crying into my hands. What I did to deserve this. Why because I broke up with him because he cheated so I deserve to be treated like shit because I made the right decision?

        "Devin sweetie are you okay," Grace is at my side hugging me into her small arms and i gladly hung her back. She so warm and comforting I don't know if I'll ever let go. 

        "Shhh," she rubs my back up and down to sooth me. "What happened you can tell me that's what I'm here for sweetie." She pulls back and i look at her she wipes the tears from under my eyes with her thumb.