Chapter 44

~Harry's POV~

Who the fuck is this bloke? I'd like to talk business? The way his eyes raked down her body like she was an piece of expensive meat made me want to punch him in his pretty bearded jaw.

"He means no harm, son," Robert says from behind me. "He's married." He places a firm hand on my shoulder.

"So." I look back at him. Devin is talking amongst all the people.

"Just calm down, we don't need you blowing up on something that's never going to happen. Xavier is a smart man and loves art. And his wife Harry," he explains to me. Yeah fucking right.

The rest of the night I keep a close eye on this Xavier guy. He's clean cut, but I can knock him down if he tried anything. Just because he's married doesn't mean shit.

Devin is still chatting along with everyone. Every now and then I'd hear people offering her small photography jobs, but she would kindly decline and tell them once she's finished with school she'll take their offers into consideration.

When she was up on that stage, I was nervous for her. When she broke down I needed to get her off stage and distract her. So with me being Harry, I gave her the best distraction: myself. She seems to be more open with everyone. But when I catch Xavier in her presence laughing at something she said, my fists ball at my sides.

Walking over, I make my presence known, curling my finger to fit her waist. I tuck her close to my side. How she's walking around with no panties excites me, yet again it pisses me off. One wrong move and every old perv - and Xavier - could see her exposed ass. This thought makes me grip her tighter.

"Harry." she looks up at me, her red lips still painted, her smile forever warming.

"I think we should head back, yeah?" I ask, hoping she'll say yes.

"Oh, yeah, I guess we should. One more glass of wine and I'll be on the floor," she giggles, tipping back the last bit into her mouth.

"It was so nice to meet you Xavier," she says loosely. "I'll definitely call you once I figure out my life." No the hell she won't.

"It was my pleasure love, you two drive safe now." he winks, walking back over to who I assumed to be his wife.

We tell everyone goodbye. Tommy says he'll call Devin in about a week about her winnings. I grab her once we walk outside, kissing her sweet mouth, telling her how much I love her, want her and no one else. Ever.

"Harry, what's gotten into you?" she breathlessly says against my mouth.

"You Devin, everything about you. And tonight you did so good." I growl and I want to take her home, take her longer than just behind the stage.

"You said that a lot tonight, but our ride is here," she points out.

"We could always park it in and empty parking lot and-"

"Is that all your mind revolves around you dirty man?" I open her door for her, dipping down to kiss her again.

"Maybe, but only with you." I wink as she shakes her head, getting into the car. I tip the valet before climbing into the car and leaving.

Tonight was like any other auction I've been to, but instead of going alone, I had Devin. And she was the star of the show. Her pictures of me still surprise me. I hate that Xavier bought them all. If I had the cash he has I would have bought them all, but that wouldn't be fair I guess.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I ask her. Soft music plays through the car, her eyes trained on the road in front of us.

"Just you," she says smoothly.