Chapter 25

Our hearts connected as one without thought of the consequences"

Being in love wasn't something she wanted to get caught in again. Nor did she ever think it would happen again. But, beginning the school year with a new understanding of the word "love" made it seem possible. It was possible for her to find the right person. Someone to confine in and lay in bed at night and confess your darkest fears, and hopes. Little did she know that person would be...Her teacher.

~Devin's POV~

I went into my last year of high school not wanting to fall in love again. After being cheated on by douche dick. I didn't want the feeling of being hurt again. It sucks. Someone who tells you they love you then goes behind your back and fucks some other girl. It hurts so much. That fire you had that burnt in a good way soon became a forest fire and destroyed every feeling you have had for that person. It kills you, once the fire reaches your heart that once would skip a beat every time he kissed you or touched you.

Then there is that person who finally comes and puts the fire out reigniting it to make it burn in a good way. To make you feel happy and loved. To make you feel like maybe just, maybe you can fall in love again and you won't hurt anymore. That person is Harry. He is my match, my lighter. He lit the fire that is called love. It may sound cheesy to you but it's true.

"What does love to you mean Daddy?" I ask swinging my little pink -tight legs back and forth in the airport chair.

"Well sweetie," his strong arms lift me from my seat and set me on his lap. "Love, is when I first saw that women sitting at the bar. Her hair was as dark as yours and god Dev her eyes were something. A golden brown with a hint of green."

"Mommy," I smiles clapping my hands in my lap.

"Yes baby girl your mommy. When I first saw her the whole world around me shut off, she was the only one in it." His eyes fell slightly but shortly they returned to mine. "My heart hammered so hard against my chest, I was nervous but I'm not supposed to be nervous right?"

"Right daddy, you're a tough guy," I lightly punch his shoulder with my little fist.

He laughs lightly holding me close. "Yes, that's right. But back to your question. Love has many definitions, many ways of being told. Anyone you ask will tell you something different. And here's mine. Love to me is being with that person you can be yourself around, you can walk around the house acting goofy, and just be able to be comfortable with each other. You know your mom use to do kart-wheels around the house before she found out she was pregnant with you...and I would join her. We'd move all the furniture back and put the mattresses in the middle of the living room and jump on them till we eventually got tired and fell asleep."

"Matthew what crazy story are you telling her now." I laugh hiding my face in my father grey cotton t-shirt.

"Just how happy we were and still are. We're too old now to be doing the things we did before we had Dev. But I still love you as much as I did the day I laid eyes on you baby."

If I wasn't young and so interested in the word love then, then I would have made a puking noise.

"Back to what I was saying, then you came along you were born, I fell in love all over again with the most beautiful baby girl, a head full of brown hair, your eye color was still developing, but I knew you'd have your mother's eyes." He pokes my nose and I giggle.