Chapter 29

~Devin's POV ~

"Two weeks? Two weeks he's been staying with him? Wow he already sounds like a scumbag and I don't even know him." Reese puts a spoon full of vanilla ice cream in her mouth.

"He's not that bad, I guess he lost his job and is going through a killer divorce with his wife."

"Yet he can afford to fly from L.A. to England? Ummm...scumbag, mooching scumbag?"

I laugh. "How many times do you have to call him that?" I shake my head at her. "Plus, you don't even know him."

"I don't have to, to -"

"Know he's a scumbag...I get it Reese, will you watch the damn movie?"

Reese decided since I'm most of the time home alone she'd keep me company tonight. We decided on junk food and movies, even though half way through Mean Girls she fell asleep. So now I'm left here wide awake.

I want to text Harry and see if he's up, but that's slim to none since he has to be up early to go fishing with Robert and Grant before our lunch with his parents. He invited me along, but something about slimy, scaly things creep me out.

Two weeks ago I was so close, so damn close to telling him. I was ready, but maybe Grant showing up meant something. Maybe it wasn't time.

My phone goes off and to my surprise it's Harry.

H-You think if I suffocated Grant and hid him in my freezer anyone would notice?

That's a bit Stepfather don't you think? Haha. What is he doing this time?

H-snoring, he sounds like a fucking broken lawn mower!

I'd say come over here, but Reese is here and that might just be awkward.

H- I'll just be really loud in the morning to get back at him... I wish you were here.

I wish I was too, but I'll see you tomorrow. Should I dress nice?

H- a dress maybe would be okay ;)

Don't even think about it.

H- you know me all too well.

Goodnight Harry xx

H- Goodnight baby xx

***

"Rise and shine sleepy head!" Reese tosses a pillow at me. I groan throwing the covers over my face. "Get up lover boy is waiting for you." I sit up quickly looking at the time its almost noon!

"How long has he been here?" I stand up, frantically moving around the room trying to find something to wear.

"About an hour, he said to let you sleep since you've been working the late shifts at Mama's."

"I didn't even work last night, ugh!" Grabbing a random dress from the closet I rush to the bathroom to get ready.

Twenty minutes later after putting on a small layer of makeup and curling my hair, I'm ready. The dress I grabbed is a dark red lace floral pattern and it fits my body like a cocoon. I hope this is okay.

"Devin, you ready? Lover boy is getting impatient." I open the door.

"Stop calling him that." I roll my eyes at her.

"Wow..." Her jaw drops slightly.

"What?" I give her a questionable look. "Should I change?"

"Definitely not..." Harry cuts in. His gaze is dark and his eyes move from top to bottom. The blush creeps through my foundation and I have to turn my head to hide it.