Chapter 40

~Harry's POV~

I've been prepping these past few weeks, preparing for the day I go back to that horrid school. Hopefully after this break people will have died down with the rumors and the shit talking. If I hear anything, I'll snap. I'm coming back because this is my job, this is how I pay for my way around this...God forsaken place.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I still haven't asked if Devin will be joining my family or if she's going to be with her mother the whole day. I had assumed the second one, but after she found about her father and the whole reasoning behind why her mother picked up drinking, who knows what she will do.

The school is empty today as I enter it. Mrs. Graves asked me to come in so she could talk to me. I'm sure quite sure the only things we will be discussing are my staying away from Devin, which I will gladly respect while I'm at school. But once we get behind the door of her house, or my flat, that's a whole different story.

"Mr. Styles, it's lovely to see you again. How has your...leave been?" She looks different.

"Quite relaxing actually," I admit, taking a seat in the brown leather chair in front of her desk.

"I see it's done you well, you look great," she smirks. Her hair is pulled back from her face and he lips are painted a light red.

Is she flirting with you?

I hope to God not....

I shift in my seat, feeling a little uncomfortable from her subtle advances, she notices and clears her throat.

"Anyway, you know why it is have brought you in here today?" she asks, sitting in her desk.

"Yeah," I respond shortly.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know we had some of Ms. Cavanagh's classes switched around since her mo- I mean since it is my job to see that nothing happens again. You don't want to risk getting fired now do you, Harry?"

"No," I lie. She's hiding something.

"Good, you can be on your way now. Unpack your things and I will see you Monday," she smiles as I stand leaving her office.

***

"Well my mother said she is having a mini thanksgiving at the hospital with all the patients and such. Family is welcome. Um, could you accompany me?" Devin surprises me by asking.

"And meet your mom?" I raise an eyebrow, rubbing at my chin. "Are you sure that's a good thing?"

"Why wouldn't it be? I've met your parents. Besides, she knows about us. She'll love you," she smiles, leaning across the bar, kissing me swiftly. Her lips taste of mint, but she pulls away as soon as a customer comes up to order a drink.

"Well what time are they serving food?" I ask, watching her as she mixes a drink.

"It'll be later around six so we can go to your parents first then head over there."

"You're coming to thanksgiving dinner!" Grace chimes in. "Ahh, this is exciting. This will be the first thanksgiving Harry's ever brought someone. When are you two going to get married?" Her eyes filled with glee as she asks.

"Soon." I look directly at Devin. It surprises both her and Grace. Her reaction is priceless as she hands the man his drink with semi shaky hands.

"You two are so in love, it kills me, literally." Grace places her hands over her chest.

"Um, uh, my shift is almost over, will you meet me at my car?" Devin stutters out. I nod, making my way out to her car.

When I look up from my phone Devin is standing in front of me. Arms crossed and eyes blazing with anger.