Chapter 33

~Harry's POV~

With every fucking tick of the clock on the wall I grow impatient waiting for Devin to call me.

I hate the fact that she went to this party. It irritates the shit of me. One reason being the guys there. They won't know how to keep their hands off of her and I'm thankful she didn't wear that schoolgirl costume. Two: I'm not with her... And three: I don't even know.

Flipping through the television is no use, every damn channel is playing a Halloween movie.

My reasoning behind not liking Halloween is because I never got to celebrate it, I was more worried about my mother and her fucking psycho of a boyfriend. Who the fuck cares about candy, or costumes? Not I.

The couch begins to vibrate slightly. I shoot up, grabbing my phone from the armrest to see Devin's name flashing upon the screen.

"Thank god!" I press the phone against my ear.

"Get off me!" I hear her scream. Pure panic and rage flows through my veins.

"Devin!"

"No, please get off me!" I hear her beg.

Fuck!

I don't stand around much longer. I grab my keys from the hook and rush to my car. Thank fucking God Reese mentioned where the party was going to be held earlier. I should have fucking gone and gotten her when I said I was going to.

I turn my phone on speaker, sitting it in the cup holder. I drive - actually I speed - down the roads toward the house party near the school. My body is boiling with anger. When I look down at my phone I see that the call has ended and the panic becomes more prominent and severe. My body is shaking as I turn down the road and see the flashing lights, hearing the bass booming from the music.

I slam my car in park - not bothering to shut it off - and run up to the house.

A few familiar faces come into view. I could care fucking less if they know why I'm here. The front door is wide open. I run in, catching Reese dancing with some girl - but no Devin.

"Harry what are you - "

"No time for that. Where the fuck is Devin?" She sends me a puzzled look.

"Reese...where the fuck is Devin!" I scream louder.

"She left to go find the bathroom," she stammers, the alcohol in her system slurring her words slightly.

"And you didn't think to fucking go with her you absent minded bitch?!" The words tumble from my mouth before I can stop them.

I leave her and her friend, running around, pushing through the sweaty crowd of people. I find a set of stairs, taking them up to the second floor. Drunken teenagers everywhere, the music so fucking loud I can hardly hear myself think.

A few students recognize me in their drunken state, but I ignore them and push open the only closed door up here.

My eyes immediately shift to the body on top of Devin. I waste no fucking time pulling him from her and throwing him to the ground. I want to bash this fucking kids head in, but I don't. I move to Devin's shaking body on the bed instead.

Zaid stands up and stumbles to his feet. He lurches forward and his fist comes in contact with my jaw.

"I fight my own fights," he slurs.

"Zaid, leave him alone," Devin cries out.

I make my first move. Keeping my stance and stepping forward, I throw my fist forward so it hits his cheekbone and sends him tumbling to the ground. This time he doesn't get back up.