Chapter 31 - Recording

Keith's POV

Why did she have to invite him? Now I have to change all my plans. Like literally all. Jennifer keeps giving me a worried look, I think she thinks I'm not in a good mood. I haven't really been talking to them throughout breakfast because, I've been talking to myself. And I just realised that.

Well, I really have to. I want to have a good Christmas this year. I haven't really got one since my last relationship. I just hope mom and dad will like Jennifer. Well obviously they will. A girl like her is definetly their type. And if I love her, they will surely do too. Wait…I love her?

I love her?

"What's that Keith?" Jennifer asked me.

"I didn't say anything?!?" I replied confused. She gave me a weird look.

I guess I said it out loud. Do I love her? I can't say yes nor no. It seems to early to say it. And the fact that we work together, yeah, I think it's too early. But I'm sure that I am near that 'love' stage. She's all I care about now. She make me happy and keeps me away from all the negativity that is always running after me. The negativity that is slowly killing me.

__________________

Harry decided to leave after breakfast and before he left, he asked for a man to man talk with me. We went to the living room and took some privacy.

"Take care of her." Harry said straight to my eyes showing his seriousness.

"I will." I replied with full of confidence.

"I know you will. I'll try to get over with it." He said looking down. I know he's still into Jennifer.

"You know, you just used my line. I thought you were more creative?" I teased him to break the serious tension.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes at me. "Well, that's all I want to say. We can go back now."

He started to head towards back to the ktichen. "Noob!" I teased.

"Whatever, looser!" He bit back.

"Ha! You don't know alot of Urban words. Not like those teenagers these days. It's kinda dope though!" I stuck my tounge to him while hanging my arm on his shoulder.

"Well, I'm not a teenager!" He took my arm off smirking.

"At least get modern a bit, man!" I punched him light in the arm. He punched back and we started to continue it.

Nicole and Jennifer had to stop us and started to nag when we reached the kitchen. Ryan and Sara went out to get some groceries for Jen.

"You guys are 30 years old now. Seriously, you should act like one." Nicole stated.

"Uhhmm. I'm not yet 30! I can't believe my own sister doesn't know my age!"

"You will be in a few weeks! Just wait." everyone started talking about my upcoming birthday until my phone rang.

I checked the number, it was Gary. Why on earth was he calling? I excused myself and went out the kitchen.

"Sup?"

"You idiot! Don't 'sup-sup' me! You're supposed to be here 10 minutes earlier!" he shout from the phone.

I took the phone away and rubbed my ear. "What?"

"UUGGGHHH!! Keith, when are you gonna remember your schedules?!?! Where are you anyways?" he groaned really loud.

I still don't get him. "I'm in J Lopez's house. Cool right?"

"What the f*ucking hell is wrong with your brain?!?! You are recording today. Not make out with your co-judge!"

Damn he's pissed. I just kept quiet and try to remember. And I did but I just stayed calm. Nothing will really happen though…I think. And what he said was really mean.

"Keith? Are you still there?" he asked.

"Yup. I'll be there."

"Do you know where?"

"Yup. It's just a few blocks from her house. I saw the place when we were on our way here."

"Ok. Hurry up!" he hung up the phone.

I went back to the kitchen and asked Jennifer if I could borrow a car.

"I'll ask Stephan to bring a bike in the entrance of the house."

I said my farewells to Harry and followed Jen. When we reached there, the Stephan dude already had the bike with a helmet hanging ready. Jennifer thank him then he left.

"Be safe on the road, ok?" she turned to face me and held my hand.

I pulled her by the waist. "I will."

"I know you will." she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. All I could think of was this whole scenario happening.

The kiss was broken when my phone rang. That must be Gary.

"Sorry!" I apologised to her. That was a bad way to spoil a moment.

"It's ok baby. I'll see you later!" she gave me one more kiss and pulled away but I pulled her back and stole a short kiss.

She giggled. "Go now! You'll be late."

I just laughed a left.

-------------------

I reached the studio and saw Gary right infront of the entrance. He looked really pissed off. I parked the bike and jog towards him.

"Good thing you're not that late. I could have punched you hard! These guys here are not that patient." he took me inside.

"Hi to you too!" I sarcastically greeted him.

"Shut up, Keith. This is Capitol Studios. It's not like Nashville's. And these guys are not country people." he reasoned out. The grumpy old Gary is starting it.

He continued his nag until we reached the door of the studio. I was about to open it but he hit my arm away.

"What? Can't we go in?"

"Knock! Be polite!" he commanded me.

I rolled my eyes and did what he told me to. The door opened and revealed J.T. Harding. Not country people much? J.T. is legit country. I don't know what's wrong with Gary.

"Hey there Harding!" I greeted him.

"Hey there Urban!" he greeted back and gave eachother hugs then laughed at eachother.

"See Garry, I can handle any kind of people! You need to learn it from me!" I whispered to him.

He rolled his eyes and told to shut my mouth up and not talk to him. I laughed and we started the session.

------------

A/N: Hope this is fine! Just a filler chapter. I have tons of plans in the future but I realised I had none for now! *embarrased face emoji*  ツ