Part 143

Part One Hundred & Forty Three

The flight to New York wasn't as bad as I expected, well saying that, three out of the four of us were asleep. But the bonus was that Aston had Jayden asleep on his knee and Lexi had lifted up the armrest and fell asleep on Astons arm. Our friends and family were already in New York as they'd flown the day before us because I had a few extra bits that I needed to do at the salon before we closed for a few days.

The day we got there, I unpacked at my brother, Jays, house while Aston unpacked at Daniels. It saved us booking a hotel for one night, plus the groom's not supposed to see the bride the night before anyway. Although, we've completely gone back on our decision and booked a hotel room for the night of our wedding, my step mum and dad were going to have the kids. Last night we'd had our final nights as single people, but today we're just spending it as a family by taking the kids to Central Park while we recover from our hangovers.

"So what do you reckon then?" Aston asked as he lay flat on his back on the grass, holding Jayden's hands as he sat up on Astons stomach, still needing the support as he hasn't learnt how to sit up by himself yet.

"About what?" I frowned, watching Lexi kick her ball around.

"Another kid."

"Another?! Is two not enough for you?"

"Except it's not really two though, is it?" Aston frowned, taking a quick glance at Lexi.

I did feel really bad that Lexi's not Astons daughter biologically but there's nothing I can do about that, the only thing we can do is try and get the adoption process started as soon as possible. Aston might be raising another mans child but that's not stopped or damaged the strong bond that they already have.

"Ast," I sighed as he laid Jayden down on the blanket with his toys around him.

"Don't start doing this to yourself."

"I'm not, it's just hard sometimes." He said, leaning back on his hands.

"I can't even imagine how hard this is for you, but you've got to understand that Lexi loves you so so much, even more than me," I said as Aston rolled his eyes.

"She does! She knows that you're not her real dad now but in a few years she'll forget all about that and won't think of you as anything else."

"I mean, I love her just as much as I love Jayden and I do class her as my daughter, but I just think about when she's older and the other kids are going to ask questions because of her skin colour and I just-"

"Then we'll teach her how to handle it. Listen, the main thing is that you accept her as your daughter and that you love her." I said, pulling my hair over to one side.

"Yeah I guess, and I do love her, I love her so much,"

"I know you do, you just think about things too much." I giggled, shaking my head.

"Daddy! Come play with me!" Lexi shouted as she picked her ball up.

"Go on, your little girl wants you." I winked as Aston stood up.

"Yeah, not Mummy," He smirked before placing a kiss on my head.

"Thanks babe." He whispered in my ear before running over to Lexi and picking her up in his arms, taking her by surprise as she had her back to him, and spun her around before they had a little kick about.

Aston might not be Lexi's real dad and he might find it hard at times, yet he does a brilliant job at hiding it. But he's still the best dad that these two could ever have.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X