Part 92

Part Ninety Two

Arriving a mere ten minutes later at the restaurant we were greeted by a number of paps, one thing I hated most about Aston's job. I'm just glad Lexi's not around, I hated when they took pictures of her.

"Just smile and ignore them then we'll be inside soon enough." Aston told me, taking my hand and holding it tight as he opened the taxi door after paying.

As soon as the door opened that was it, camera's flashing at us left, right and centre, all be it there was only about five men there, there were still enough camera flashes to near enough blind you.

"Where's the kid?!" One of them shouted to us, what a stupid question.

"She's in bed, where else do you expect a five year old to be at this time?" I retorted as Aston carried on walking us into the restaurant.

Aston gave his name in to the man on the desk before he took us to our table in a nice secluded part of the restaurant at the back, a way no paps could get any sort of pictures.

"This table okay babe?" Aston asked, looking up from his menu.

"Yeah it's perfect, why?" I asked, turning my attention back to my menu that was placed in front of me on the table.

"You were in your own world." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Sorry, I was just seeing if they could get any pictures." I admitted as Aston put his menu down.

"They can't okay?" He reassured me, taking my hand over the table.

"When I called up I asked if they could do this, I don't want the pictures just as much as you. Don't worry about them, just enjoy yourself." He smiled, squeezing my hand gently before releasing it as we both picked up our menu's again.

The waiter came back over with our drinks and took our orders before making himself scarce. Aston started talking to me but I was too busy checking my phone.

"What do you say babe?" Aston asked louder than normal.

"What? Yeah, sounds great." I muttered, texting Louise.

"Okay now I know you're not listening, I just asked you if I could put a bar in the dining room. Jess what's up?" Aston asked again, putting his drink down on the table.

"Sorry, I was just texting Louise." I smiled, putting my phone down on the table.

"Lexi's fine babe, you know she always is with Louise."

"No I know, just checking."

"You want to know a secret?" Aston asked, as my phone lit up and I nodded at him.

"I've already text Louise to check on her, I beat you to it." He chuckled as I picked my phone up.

[like I told Aston, Lexi's fine! she's roped me and Marcus into watching Ariel again, just enjoy yourself! both of you! xx]

"You actually did text her," I giggled as he looked at me confused.

"She's just told me."

"Right now you know she's okay, can you please relax?" Aston asked as I took a sip of my wine.

"I am relaxed." I giggled, holding up my glass of wine slightly.

"Listen did Louise tell you anything more about her hen do?" He asked just before the waiter placed our starters in front of us.

"Nope, all I know's that it's on the 2nd December." I shrugged.

"Shouldn't you be the one planning this?" He pointed out as I giggled.

"Have you not met Louise? She'd have a heart attack if someone else planned all this, leave her to it. Why'd you ask?"

"Because Marcus is having his stag do the Saturday before the hen do, just making sure someone would be here to look after Lex that's all."

"You're invited?" I asked, quite shocked that he was going on the stag do seeing as they're not really that close.

"Yeah, we do get on you know. What else do you think we do when you and Louise get talking?" Aston chuckled, as we both finished the shared starter.

"Alright! I just think it's nice that he asked you to go along." I smiled as Aston smiled back at me.

"I'm probably not allowed to tell you this, but Marcus actually asked me to be one of the groomsmen." Aston admitted.

"He did?"

"Yeah, just the other week."

All throughout dinner we didn't stop talking, as if we ever could! We're always able to find something to talk about. From the hen and stag do's it went to the wedding, from the wedding it went to Lexi, from Lexi it went to what we could do with the house; things just flow with us.

The rest of the night was an absolute ball, we went out for drinks in a cute little quiet bar down the road, the paps obviously getting one or two pictures. But by the time we left the bar it was gone 2AM so the paps must've gotten bored and left, so we had the opportunity to walk home, not like a taxi would let us in when we're this drunk; I say 'we' but I mean 'me'.

"Whoops." I giggled as I tripped over my own feet, clinging onto Astons arm so I didn't hit the floor.

"You're so drunk." Aston laughed at me, holding my arm a little bit tighter.

"No I'm not!" I gasped as Aston shook my head at me.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked, holding up his hand.

"Erm, 6?" I guessed, squinting my eyes.

"3 babe," Aston laughed at me.

"Now come on, you need to get to bed, sleep this off." Aston said, holding my hand tight as we carried on walking home.

Astons P.O.V.

"I looove you." Jess slurred, leaning on my side as I stopped to unlock the door.

"Love you too." I chuckled, opening the front door an leading her inside.

"Nooo," Jess moaned, stopping in her tracks as I closed and locked the door behind us.

"I mean I really really love you, really really." Jess slurred, getting emotional. She goes through stages when she's drunk; now she's in her emotional stage.

"Really really?" I teased, shrugging off my jacket and hanging it on the banister.

"You don't love me?" Jess said, her voice wavering.

"No, baby I love you so much, you're just drunk," I laughed slightly, taking her hand in mine and rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"You need to sleep this off so we can go get Lexi in the morning."

"Lexi! Where is she?! Aston where is she?! She's not here! Did Paul take her?!" Jess panicked, looking around. I'm so taking the piss out of this tomorrow!

"Jess she's with Louise, she picked her up this afternoon. Paul's not allowed near her anymore remember?" I tried to reassure her as I saw her try to remember.

"Lexi doesn't have her dad." She sobbed, sitting down on the stairs.

"Babe," I sighed, sitting down next to her.

"She's never had her dad, you know that." I told her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"She's had you." She slurred, leaning into my hold.

"I'm not her dad babe." I chuckled, running my hand up and down her arm.

"I wish you were." Jess mumbled as I stared down at her, shell-shocked.

Moments later Jess was completely knocked out for the night, I carried her upstairs to bed and got her undressed before tucking her in. I got myself ready for bed after that before climbing into bed next to her. Did she really mean what she said before, about wanting me to be Lexi's dad? Or was that just the drink talking?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X