Part 9

Part Nine

"Go on, what?" I asked, sitting forward.

"Scroll down my phone," He said, passing me his phone.

"Then look at your list of people you need to call." He continued as I looked down his contacts list.

"I don't understand," I frowned, passing his phone back.

"I don't recognise half the names on there."

"That's because they're mainly producers me and the boys have worked with. What's the difference between my list and yours?"

"Mine has celebrities and yours has producers. So?"

"So? If you're able to call all of those managers on your list and get a few from there, I could ring up those producers and get some numbers for extra musicians plus the other odd few artists on my list and boom! You, my friend, will have a guest list ready for tomorrow afternoon." He smiled proudly at the idea he just came up with.

"Ast that's brilliant!" I smiled at him.

"But I can't ask you to do that."

"Sure you can. Jess this is getting you stressed out, I want to help." He said, putting his hand over mine.

"Are you sure?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Positive. Let's get started then! Pass me a bit of paper and a pen and I'll start making a few calls."

I passed him what he wanted before I went into the living and saw that Lexi had finished her tea and was now lay on the couch watching TV. I made sure that she was going to be okay for a little while before going back into the kitchen and carrying on trying to get this guest list done.

About an hour and a half later I'd gone through my whole list and only managed to get 20 different celebrites out of the list of 50 I was given. I finished writing them all down on my list when Aston had just ended another of his many phone calls and wrote something down on his list. He then sat back down in front of me and put his pen down.

"So, how did you get on?"

"I had a list of 50 and only got 20 to actually turn up. Turns out doing a guest list 3 days before the event is a terrible idea because people already have things to be doing," I sighed.

"What about you?"

"You owe me big time," He smirked.

"I got just over 30 people."

"Ahhh, Ast thank you so much!" I smiled, getting up to hug him.

"It's fine, I was happy to do it." He laughed after I'd been repeatedly saying thank you.

"All that's needed to do now is sort out where people need to be seated." I smiled, looking down at the seating chart which was empty.

"Not just yet, relax a bit first then you can go back to it. You've been at it for over 3 hours straight Jess."

"No I know, I'll go give Lexi a bath and get her ready for bed."

"Alright babe, you mind if I stick around for a bit?"

"You can do whatever you want." I giggled as I walked into the living room.

"Lexi? Come on, I need to get you bathed and ready for bed."

It took me a little while to be able to get Lexi upstairs and actually into the bath but I got there eventually. After washing Lexi and putting her pyjamas on I then took her downstairs and she wanted to continue watching the programme she had been previously watching before her bath. Soon after I went back into the kitchen to see Aston making us another drink.

"Sorry about that, she never normally takes that long to get her to have a bath."

"Ah forget about it, I don't mind. You all sorted now then, ready to get back to this?" He asked, sitting back down and putting my drink down in front of me.

"Yep, just hope that this doesn't take as long as the calls did."

"Don't worry about it, now that there's two of us we should be able to get this done quicker."

"Lets get on with it then," I smiled, putting my mug down after taking a sip.

"I was thinking, we'd put all the soaps over there in that section with the TV presenters on those two tables there and then have the musicians dotted around the place. Then put the sports people in the centre there and everyone then one or two people from our company on each table which means that,"

"Some tables are going to have to be mixed." Aston finished for me.

"Yeah, unless we only put one representative on each table, either way there has to be someone there."

"Well yeah that's a given. You said that you and a few others have to take your kids, so why not have a kids table somewhere on the sides with about 2 or 3 reps near it to just keep an eye on them?"

"That's not a bad idea. Well now we've got our guideline we just need to write down the people's names and we're sorted." I smiled.

"This shouldn't take long." He laughed, as he started to jott names down.

"I need to be sat near the kids table to keep an eye on Lexi but I also need to be sat on a table with celebrities. So I think I should be sat he-" I cut myself off as I saw a few familiar names.

"What?" Aston asked, looking up as he noticed I'd stopped talking.

"You invited yourself?" I laughed, pointing at his name.

"Well yeah, not just me though."

"No I see you invited your boys too."

"Hey, you needed musicians, I got you musicians." He smiled cheekily.

"Well thanks, and thanks for coming too." I smiled back.

"We'd be happy to come, and I'm just glad I get to spend the night with you and see what you do." He smiled again before writing more names down. I smiled to myself, touched at his words.

The table that Aston and the boys where sat on was the only table sat directly next to the kids table, so I wrote my name on it on the last available space inbetween Aston and someone from his management, and plus that seat meant that I had my back to Lexi but could easily turn around to just check that she'll be OK.

After writing on all the names and going over it all at least 3 times to make sure that people should be comfortable where they're sat and who with, I put everything back in my files and placed them on the table by the door ready to take in to work tomorrow afternoon.

Lexi was put to bed at 8.30pm after seeing Aston and playing with him for a while. Soon as she was down for the night me and Aston was just sat watching TV and talking for a bit before deciding to call it a night. But not before planning on going shopping tomorrow to find me and Lexi an outfit and Aston to go and collect the boys suits.

After Aston had made the phonecall to the boys' manager apparently she'd already made a couple of calls to get their stylist to sort out suits for them to wear and then Aston had got a call later in the evening to say that the suits would be able to be collected tomorrow afternoon. All of the other boys already had plans for tomorrow whether that was seeing family or girlfriends of some sort as they all had a week off starting today. I was extremely grateful that they gave up one of their days off to come to our charity event and Aston knew that after me gushing thanks to him constantly.