Part 13

Part Thirteen

The event had gotten well underway by now and it's safe to say that the company's making a lot of money tonight. Our table was a right laugh. It was me, Aston and the rest of his boys and 2 people from their management who just kept themselves to themselves really. Even though Lexi was only sat behind me I had to keep looking over to make sure she's okay, mainly because she was the youngest one on their table.

"Will you relax?" Aston said, placing his hand on my knee.

"What? I am, I'm fine." I laughed, snapping my head back round.

"Yeah and I was born yesterday," He laughed.

"You've been constantly checking on Lexi all night, she's sat right behind you; she's fine."

"Yeah you're right, I just can't help it." I said shyly, playing with the napkin in front of me.

"Hey, if I was a parent I'd be the exact same, just not as bad as you." Aston chuckled.

"Just tone it down a bit and enjoy yourself okay?" I nodded before our attention was drawn back to the event in hand.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, not to mention the amount of money that was being raised. Lexi looked as though she was having fun too, always chatting with the other children on her table, although as she was the youngest there she couldn't really get involved with the majority of it so I felt a bit awful for her.

A couple of minutes ago Aston nipped to the toilet so I was chatting the rest of the boys, mainly them asking me about my job seeing as Aston's already told me near enough everything I need to know.

"Aston's been gone a while." Marvin frowned, looking at JB.

"Actually yeah he has, wonde-"

"Found him." JB laughed, looking behind me.

I turned my head to see Aston holding both of Lexi hands and having a little dance with her, occasionally twirling her around. After snapping a few quick pictures of them both he crouched down to her level, whispered into her ear then they both made their way back to our table.

"Nice dancing Ast." Oritse chuckled.

"Shut up, we had fun, didn't we Lex?" Aston asked Lexi as he sat down then she climbed up onto his knee.

"Yeah! Mummy Aston kept twirling me around til my eyes went funny!" Lexi giggled as I laughed with her.

"Thank you." I mouthed to Aston as he mouthed back 'no problem'.

Later on in the evening, some of the tables were pushed back so that the dance floor would be available as the DJ was setting up. I giggled as I watched a little boy about a year older than Lexi drag her onto the dancefloor and they both started dancing. I still can't believe she's 2, I remember giving birth to her, she's growing up too fast. I watched as DJ started to play music and lots more people got onto the dancefloor.

"Come on," I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Aston stood behind me with his hands in his pockets.

"You've been staring at that dancefloor for the past 5 minutes, come dance." He smiled.

"For your information I was watching Lexi." I said, nodding towards the dancefloor.

"Stop making excuses and come with me." Aston laughed, pulling me up by my hands.

"Ast I can't dance in this dress." I said, stopping as we got to the dancefloor.

"Just hang on." After the song that was on was over a slow song came on.

"Never mind." I laughed, as he led me to a spot. Aston rested his hands on the bottom of my back and mine were rested on his shoulders.

"Mummy look," I heard Lexi say, so I turned my head to look at her.

"Like you and Aston." Her and the little boy that she was with before were stood there dancing the exact same as me and Ast.

"Yeah you are." I giggled, as she carried on.

"I think we did a pretty good job." Aston said, lifting his head up to look at me.

"Good job? At what?" I frowned.

"The guest list."

"Ast that was nothing, we didn't make this whole event what it is." I said, shaking my head.

"Jess, look around," I did as he said before he carried on,

"If we didn't make those phone calls then none of these people would be here, there would be no-one to raise money, this event is what it is because of you."

"Shut up." I giggled shyly.

"Still can't take a compliment I see." Aston laughed slightly.

"You spend waaay too much time with me." I laughed as he did too.

"I like spending time with you." He smiled sweetly.

"Why?"

"You're...Different."

"Different?"

"Good different." He smirked before winking at me.

Vote/Comment please,

Thanks for reading..as always X