Part 18

Part Eighteen

*3 months later*

My job so far has been going great! After the work that me and Aston did for the charity event back in February, my manager gave me the job of being event co-ordinator. It could get stressful at times but I enjoyed doing it and knowing that the success of these events wouldn't have even happened if I didn't create them. It made me feel so good knowing that I came to the UK to help with cancer research for my mum and now I'm in charge of one of the most important things in the process; raising money.

Last month I took Lexi back to New York to see my dad and brothers so that I could tell them that I was staying in the UK for the time being. They were a little upset about it but they also understood why I was doing it and they encouraged me to, but not without making me promise to do frequent Skype calls so that they could all talk to Lexi and me from time to time.

Speaking of Lexi, I enrolled her into a primary school just down the road from our apartment so it was just a quick stop on my way to work if I was ever late. Lexi absolutely loves going to school, I never took her into a school when we were in New York because I knew we were coming to the UK in the January and I didn't want her to make friends and then have to leave them. I think it's safe to say that she's made a lot of new friends at her school.

All the children are constantly asking her about where she's from because of her American accent which is now wearing off a bit, it's still there but you can hear a little bit of an English accent from time to time. Lexi's also took to calling the JLS boys 'bruv', in a mocking way, seeing as that's what Aston always says when he sees them and Lexi just cottoned on to it.

You're probably guessing that after me and Aston kissed 3 months ago things between us have been super awkward and we can't even look at each other, right? Wrong. Actually, that kiss brought us closer than ever. It had been completely forgotten about and neither of us have mentioned it since that night. We said that we were best friends months ago but now it's like another level, we're constantly at each others' apartment unless of course one of us was busy with other plans or what not. Lexi always gets super excited when Ast comes round and so does he!

If he ever goes somewhere and sees something that he thinks Lexi might like he'll buy it for her, he doesn't half spoil her. He was talking to me a while ago about how he felt that Lexi was like his own little niece, which I thought was quite cute. About 2 months ago Aston started dating a girl named Rachel, then a couple of weeks later she was his girlfriend. But for the past 2 months Aston's been fairly distant with me and Lexi and I know he's got a girlfriend so I don't expect him to spend every minute of every day with us but seeing as how close we all are you'd think he'd put at least one night aside for us.

Lexi's really starting to miss Aston now, everytime there's a knock at the door or my phone makes a noise she's there asking if it's Aston and each time I've got to say no and upset her which is the last thing I want to do.

"Aston?" Lexi asked, snapping her attention from the TV to me as my phone beeped.

"No babe." I smiled weakly at her as I saw it was a email from my manager about an upcoming event that I'd need to sort out.

"Why?"

"I don't know Lex, I'll text him now."

[Hey, haven't spoke to you in a while, I'll just get straight to it me and Lexi miss you:( at least let us know that you're ok? xx]

"Just need to wait now." I said as she went back to watching the TV.

I got my laptop and files and took them to the worktop in the kitchen and sat down. I opened up my emails and jotted down all the important details of this event. I had a list of children's names and next to it was a celebrity or an idol that they'd like to meet and it was my job to try and make sure that they were all able to meet them and spend the evening with them at this event.

I was halfway through writing the children's names down when Lexi came running in with my phone and giving it to me. I read the name and saw that Aston had text me back.

"Aston?"

"Yeah," I smiled as I saw a grin on her face.

[I know babe, I'm sorry! I miss you and little legs too, I'll come see you later I promise! xx]

[really? you're not going to blow us off again are you? i don't want to tell lexi and get her all excited then you don't turn up like last time. xx]

[babe come on, you can't throw that back at me you know i didn't want to blow you off, i promise i'll be over round 5ish yeah? xx]

[i know ast but i can't forget the look on lexi's face when you didn't show up, we'll see you then:)! xx]

"Guess who's coming to see you?" I smiled at Lexi as I put my phone down.

"Aston?!" She grinned as I nodded. I laughed as she ran into her room talking to herself about what she was going to show Aston.

I got back to my list and started to make a few phonecalls and it's safe to say that this list was coming along a lot better than the first event. Of course there was a little girl down the list who wanted to meet JLS, I'm sure I could get them on board no problem. Before I knew it, it was 5 o'clock and there was a knock on the door. He's on time. He really did mean his promise.

"Aston!" Lexi shouted, running to the front door.

"Lexi, go get Mummy to let me in." I got up and opened the door before Lexi bursted with excitement.

"Ast!" She squealed as he picked her up and cuddled her.

"Hey little legs." Aston laughed.

"Missed you."

"I've missed you too." He sighed.

"But, I've got a present for you." He smiled, putting her down.

"Really? What?" She asked, getting quite gidddy.

"Hang on," He said before going outside again before bringing in a pink scooter and the wheels flashed.

"That mine?"

"All yours Lex." He smiled.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She grinned, hugging his legs before riding the scooter up and down the apartment. I normally wouldn't let her but seeing as she's so excited I let it slide.

"Now Lexi's sorted, come here babe." He smiled before pulling me into a hug.

"I've missed you so much, I'm so sorry I've not been around a lot."

"I've missed you too, just don't worry about it; you're here now." I smiled, pulling back.

"I know but I probably shouldn't be spending this much time with Rachel."

"Ast she's your girlfriend, we're just your friends she should have all your attention. But that doesn't mean you forget about us." I smirked, raising my eyebrows.

"You know you two aren't just my friends, you're like family. I could never forget about you." He smiled sweetly.

"Oh, actually I need to ask you a favour."

"Shoot."

"Would you and the boys be okay coming to another event? But this time you'd be spending the evening with a little girl who really wants to meet you."

"Yeah, course. I'll run it by the boys and management tomorrow."

That night it was just me, Lexi and Aston exactly how it used to be.

Vote/Comment please,

Thanks for reading..as always X