Part 10

Part Ten

After all our work last night it was safe to say that I was extremely tired and only woke up at half past 9, which only gave me an hour to get both me and Lexi ready for when Aston comes to pick us up. My best bet was to get myself dressed first in 20-30 minutes before getting to work on Lexi.

I begrudgingly got out of bed and had a quick shower, I'd washed my hair the night before so it was just a case of having a wash. After my shower I picked my clothes out then put them on my bed before getting to work on my hair, curling it a little bit so that it was not majorly curly but not loose waves.

I added some make-up, just a bit of foundation and mascara as it was fairly hot outside and I didn't need anything to add to it. I then got changed into my high waisted denim shorts with my flowy white top and my sandals, choosing to stay away from heels seeing as we're going shopping and I wouldn't be able to cope with the pain of the majority of my heels.

I was actually finished getting ready quicker than I thought, so I went to wake Lexi up only to see that she was already awake looking through one of her picture books on her bed.

"Lex put your book down babe, I need to get you ready." I said, walking over to the window in her room and opening her curtains.

"Where we going?" She asked, getting off her bed.

"Me, you and Aston are going shopping." I said watching the smile grow on her face, she absolutely adored Aston.

"Right, it's warm outside so do you want to wear a dress?" I asked, looking into her wardrobe.

"Yeah yeah yeah, pretty flowers!" She said, giddily clapping her hands together.

"Sure, can you go to the toilet for me first then please?"

I got Lexi dressed quicker than normal for some strange reason, she normally kicks up a fuss. I had just enough time left to make Lexi a little bit of breakfast. I'd just put some cereal in a bowl for her when there was a knock at the door.

"Jess? Babe you ready?" I heard Aston say.

"Aston!" Lexi smiled, jumping off her chair and running towards the door.

"Mummy open door!" She grinned as I made my way over to the door.

"Hey Asto-"

"ASTON!" Lexi screamed, before running up to him.

"Hey you, you ready to come shopping and buy a pretty dress?" Aston asked Lexi as he picked her up.

"New dress?" Lexi grinned looking at me.

"If you're good." I laughed, knowing full well that I was going to be getting her a new dress anyway.

"Ast I hate to be a pain but do you think we could stop at M-C-D-O-N-A-L-D-S first?" I said as I watched him try to spell it out in his head. I couldn't spell it out loud incase Lexi heard and then we couldn't go, which is why I'm glad she can't spell yet.

"It's just that, I overslept and by the time I've got us both ready I've not had enough time to make breakfast because I wanted to make sure we were ready for when you got here."

"Woah babe, calm down. I don't mind, I haven't had one of those in ages. And I'm sure Lexi would like one." Aston smiled as Lexi repeatedly tapped his shoulder.

"Do you want to come to Mc Donalds with me and Mummy and have some breakfast before we go shopping?" Well that just set Lexi off, now she was dying to get out of the apartment and into my car.

After a quick stop at Mc Donalds we then made our way to the shopping centre. We all got out of the car and begun to look around for a dress that Lexi could wear. Bad idea letting a 2 year old pick what she wanted to wear, she kept on picking up the most awful dress, bless her.