Part 133

Part One Hundred & Thirty Three

It felt like forever until I finally heard the words, 'you're at ten centimetres, it's time to go down to delivery'. A whole three hours later and me and Aston are both kitted out in the delivery suite, awaiting instructions from my midwife.

"Ast I'm scared," I whined, as the midwife was getting everything sorted.

"Don't be, you're going to be amazing," He smiled reassuringly, moving my sweaty hair out of my face. Aston's seen me at my worst already so right now I don't really care about the state I'm in.

"Right then Jess, we're about ready for you to start pushing," The midwife said as I looked up at Aston with a panicked look on my face.

"You can do this, I love you." He smiled before pressing a kiss against my forehead.

"I love you too," I smiled weakly before the midwife interrupted us.

"Jess we're going to need you to start pushing now,"

"Oh god," I moaned before I had to start pushing, evidently crushing Astons hand in the process.

Thirty minutes of the worst pain of my life soon left my mind when I had one last push and the sound of our baby boy crying filled the room. Once I heard him cry I threw myself back onto the pillows and took deep breaths, giving birth definitely takes it out of you.

"You did it baby," Aston grinned, squeezing my hand as I turned my head to look at him.

"Eventually," I laughed weakly as Aston smiled at me, "Where is he?"

"They're just cleaning him up," He told me as I tried to sit up.

"No babe, stay there, I don't want you hurting yourself." Aston added as I sighed and laid back.

"Did you see him?" I asked as he shook his head. I'd requested that the midwife and the team cleaned up our baby before I saw him, the sight of blood was enough to make me pass out.

"No, but he's got a lot of hair for a baby," Aston chuckled.

"They're bringing him over now," He smiled, shaking my hand as his eyes drifted over to the other side of the room.

"Here we go Mummy," The midwife smiled as she placed our newborn son in my arms.

My breath got caught in the back of my throat and tears welled up in my eyes as I saw him for the first time. He had gorgeous dark brown hair, the most beautiful pair of brown eyes you'll ever see in your life, obviously taking after Aston on that one, paired with an adorable little button nose.

"He's gorgeous," Aston said, letting our son wrap his tiny hand around his finger.

"Hey buddy," He laughed softly before going to kiss my forehead.

I looked up just as he was about to kiss my forehead, not wanting him to kiss me there, and gave him some sort of signal with my eyes and a soft smile. Aston got the message loud and clear as he smiled at me before lowering his head and placing his lips on mine in the most meaningful kiss I'd ever experienced.

"I'm so proud of you," He smiled, perking himself on the edge of the bed.

"You wanna hold him?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Sure," Aston smiled before holding his arms out and I gently placed our baby in his arms.

"You're a heavy little thing aren't you?" He chuckled, lifting him up a little bit in his arms so he didn't fall.

"He doesn't half look like you," Aston added as he quickly looked at me before looking back at our son.

"Me? Ast it's all you, look at his eyes," I giggled, attempting to tie my sweaty hair up.

"I've missed you calling me that," He smiled, glancing back at me.

"Sorry to interrupt, but do you have a name for the little one?" The midwife asked as she came over with her clipboard.

"Are we sticking with the name we picked?" I asked Aston, disturbing him from staring at our baby.

"Huh? Yeah, I think it suits him." He smiled as looked back down at him.

"Jayden it is," I told the midwife.

"So, Jayden Taylor?" She confirmed as I shook my head.

"No,"

"No?" Aston and the midwife asked at the same time.

"It's not Taylor, it's Merrygold," I said as Aston smiled.

"Really?" He asked, letting Jayden wrap his hand around his finger again as I nodded.

"I'll just go get this sorted for you,"

"Wait one more thing," I said, not really caring that I was being a right pain.

"I want his middle name to be Iain, with an 'i' after the 'a' too." I told her as she nodded and went back over to her station.

"I thought you didn't want him to have a middle name," Aston frowned.

"I didn't, but Lexi's middle name was taken from my mum and I didn't really want him to be left out or have 'Joseph' as his middle name, after my dad, because I think Jayden Joseph kind of borders on child abuse," I giggled as Aston shook his head at me.

"So I wanted him to have yours, that way the whole 'Iain Merrygold' thing can carry on till there's no more boys. Plus I know how much you wanted him to have a middle name." I shrugged.

"Well I love it, thank you," Aston grinned, shaking Jayden's hand with his finger gently.

"Are you sure about the last name though?" He asked as he looked back down at Jayden.

"It's just one less piece of paperwork we have to do when we get married." I smiled as Aston grinned back at me.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X