Part 114

Part One Hundred & Fourteen

After discussing the wedding for a little while longer, it soon came around to 3 o'clock and I needed to go and pick Lexi up from school. A small argument between me and Aston soon led to it resulting in him picking Lexi up from school and I was under strict rules 'not to move a muscle'. If this is what he's like now I can't even imagine what he's going to be like further down the line.

I couldn't just sit around the house and do nothing, so I got up and started to do the dishes that we'd left in the sink and put them all away, cleaning the surfaces whilst I was at it. Just as I was wiping down one of the surfaces I heard the front door close and the sound of little feet running through the house.

"Mummy!"

"Kitchen!"

Once I heard the kitchen door open, I spun around to see Lexi hopping onto one of the kitchen chairs while Aston was shaking his head at me.

"I told you not to do anything." He sighed, hanging up Lexi's school coat on the pegs just behind the door.

"I was just cleaning up the kitchen, relax, I'm not doing any harm." I tutted, putting the towel in the washing machine.

"Yeah but still,"

"But nothing, you can say things like that later on, not just yet." I giggled as he came over to me, resting his hands on my waist lightly.

"Are we telling her before people get here or at the same time?" Aston asked in a hushed tone as I rested my hands on the top of his arms, my engagement ring catching my eye making me smile.

"I think we should tell her now, she'll only go in a mood if she didn't know beforehand." I said as Aston nodded his head.

"Who's telling her? Me or you?" He asked with a huge grin on his face, making it pretty obvious that he wanted to be the one to tell her.

"I know you're dying to, go ahead." I giggled, tapping his arm.

"Thanks," He grinned, snapping a quick kiss on my lips before turning to face Lexi, who had now dug out her colouring book and pencils.

"Lex, me and your Mummy have something to tell you."

"Okay." She muttered, choosing another colour to use.

"Lexi put your pencils down darling, this is important." I told Lexi, not too gentle but not to stern either.

After choosing to ignore me, I rolled my eyes,

"Astt," I whined, tapping his arm as I caught his attention before pointing in Lexi's direction as I knew she'd listen to him.

"Little legs, can you put your pencils down for two seconds while me and Mummy talk to you, we've got some good news for you!" Aston said cheerily, taking a seat next to her at the kitchen table as she immediately put her pencils down.

As soon as she did this Aston moved his eyes upwards and smirked at me as I huffed and crossed my arms.

"What is it?" Lexi asked as I went and stood next to Aston.

"Well, you told me ages ago that you wanted a little brother or sister," Aston started, exaggerating the word 'ages' making Lexi giggle.

"And now you're going to get one!" He smiled, sitting up straight.

"What?" Lexi frowned, confused. Good job explaining Ast.

"Mummy's got a baby in her tummy." Aston chuckled, resting his hand on my stomach.

The next noise that came out of Lexi's mouth wasn't human in the slightest! She jumped off her chair and plonked herself on Astons knees, putting her own hands on my stomach, making Aston move his own hands and hold Lexi in place.

"It's not very big Mummy." Lexi giggled as Aston kissed her cheek.

"Not yet, it will be soon once they start growing." I smiled, putting my own hands on my stomach.

"Do you want to see the baby?" Aston asked, leaning his head forward so that Lexi could see him.

"We got a picture from the doctors this morning." I added, picking up the scan picture from the side and showing it to Lexi.

"Where?" She frowned as Aston held the picture with her and pointed to the baby.

"Daddy it's tiny!" She giggled, pointing at it.

I looked at Aston and we both smiled, knowing she was taking this well and happy with how our own family was now coming into place.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general
Thankyou so much for reading..as always X