Intro

Intro

January 26th, 2009

My name is Jessica Taylor, I'm 20 years old and live in New York. Well, not for the next month I'm not. Let me explain...

I have a 2 year old daughter, Lexi. Two years ago on this day, my Mother passed away due to cancer. As soon as I found out that my Mother had cancer I quit my job of being a photographer and became an embassador for Cancer Research UK. They don't have one in the US but my Father was doing some research one day and came across the UK version and told me to go for it. After running through my head countless times, I rung up the company and they said that I could try it out for a month to see if i like it. If I like it, I'll stay in the UK but if I don't like it then I can go straight back to the states.

At the end of last year, my Father re-married so I now have a step-mum, but I call her 'Mum' regardless. I still make sure that Lexi will grow up and know about my Mother but she calls my step-mum 'Nanny' anyway. As soon as I arrive in London, the week after Lexi and my mum were being sent over but then a couple of days after, my mum was going back to New York and Lexi is going to stay with me.

And this is exactly how my month in the UK went . . .