Part 8

Part Eight

I closed the door behind him and had a quick look into the living room to check on Lexi. She was too engrossed in the TV and her tea to even realise that Aston had walked in. I went back into the kitchen and got both me and Aston a drink before sitting down in my previous seat.

"Thanks, Jess what the hell is all this?" Aston asked, as I passed him his drink and he turned over one of the many pieces of paper scattered around.

"It's my attempt at getting a guest list togther." I sighed, after taking a sip of my drink before putting it down.

"A guest list? What for?" He frowned, coping my actions.

"Work, they're hosting a charity event on Friday evening and I got given this to do this afternoon."

"They can't expect you to do this in 2 days, it takes weeks to get something like this sorted." He frowned, looking over my files.

"How many have you got so far?"

"5, maybe 6. Just waiting for a call back off that one." I said, handing him over what could barely be called a list.

"I don't know how the hell I'm meant to do this in a day and a half, he wants the list and the seating arrangements on his desk tomorrow night!" I sighed in frustration.

We both sat there for a couple of minutes in silence with just the light sound of the TV and little giggles off Lexi coming from the living room. I looked at Aston and he looked deep in thought scrolling through his phone.

"You're thinking," I thought out loud.

"Hmm?" He mumbled, not looking up from his phone.

"You, you're thinking. What is it?"

"OK, you need a guest list for a major charity event to be done and dusted by tomorrow night right?" He mused as I nodded along as this is what I'd told him not 10 minutes ago.

"I have an idea."