Part 51

Part Fifty One

Mine and Aston's date soon approached as it's now Friday. I sent Lexi to school this morning but she didn't seem herself. She looked pale and really tired, I know every kid's tired when they go to school but this was different. I sent her anyway, if anything was majorly wrong then I'd be called to come pick her up. But it's 2 o'clock and I haven't had a phone call yet.

Work was a drag. Instead of being with the boys all the time, they'd changed my job so that I was now the receptionist at the building. Something about being distracted working with the boys, Astons fault. It reached half two and I was distracted from my work by a pair of tattooed arms leaning on the desk.

"What do you want?" I smirked, looking up from my screen.

"Hello to you too." Aston chuckled, putting his phone of the desk.

"Hi." I giggled.

"What? No kiss?"

"It'd be so much easier for you to lean over than me."

"Demanding." He sighed jokingly, before leaning over and giving me a quick kiss.

"Is everything sorted for tonight?" I asked as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Huh? Yeah, restaurant's booked, the car's sorted, everything." He smiled.

"Lexi?"

"Oh shit! Let me go ask Marv!" Aston hissed before running back to the studio.

What an idiot. Said he'd sort everything out and forgets probably the most important thing, well, to me anyway.

"Marv said it's fine," Aston said, out of breath.

"He'll pick her up between half 5 and 6 is that okay?"

"That's fine, right I need to go pick up the little terror." I said, logging off the computer and grabbing my bag.

"I'll see you at 7 then." He smiled, holding his arms out.

"You will." I smiled, as he wrapped his arms around me.

We said our goodbyes and I got into my car to go pick Lexi up. The teacher told me that Lexi hadn't been feeling well all day but she hadn't been sick or anything.

"You feeling any better?" I asked Lexi as I opened the front door.

"No," She cried, holding her stomach.

"My belly really hurts."

"Let me feel your head," I said, waking over to her and pressing the back of my hand on her forehead.

"You're burning up Lex, let's get you some medicine and see how that works."

"Noo! I don't like medicine!" Lexi whined, crying all the while.

"It'll help you get better Lex, it's either medicine or the doctors."

She soon agreed to taking the medicine, but only because she hated going to the doctors, a large fear of hers.

I gave her the medicine and took her up to bed, stripped her down to her vest and underwear to try and keep her cool and she soon fell asleep. I didn't have the heart to leave her when she's this ill, I've never seen her like this before. Then again, kids pick up all sorts from schools don't they? After sitting in Lexi's room for about half hour, she woke herself up by being sick all over her bed.

I couldn't be mad at her, she's only 5, and she's never been ill like this she didn't know to run to the toilet. Lexi clearly didn't like being sick as she was crying even harder than she was before, resulting her to be even more sick.

After eventually calming Lexi down, I took her into the spare room so she could sleep in there while I cleaned up her room. I left a bucket at the side of her bed and told her that if she needed to be sick then be sick in that.

By now it's half 4, there's no way I can send her to Marvin and Rochelle's like this, it's not fair. I tried to give Marvin a ring but he wasn't picking up so I called Rochelle and explained that why they didn't need to pick Lexi up and passed on their get well wishes. Now I just had one more phone call left to make. Aston. I cleaned up Lexi's room before checking she was okay in the spare room, she hadn't been sick as of yet so hopefully she can get a few hours sleep.

I went downstairs and got Lexi her beaker full of water. Before I took it up to her I quickly called Aston, who picked up after 3 rings.

"Hello?" Aston answered, obviously not looking at the caller ID before he picked up.

"Ast it's me." I sighed.

"Oh, hey Jess what's up?"

"I can't go on this date tonight, I'm sorry." I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X