Part 33

Part Thirty Three

"Wonder who this is?" I laughed, as I heard the door close.

"I'll hide." Aston said, standing behind the door.

"Idiot," I laughed quietly, smacking his arm.

"Hello you," I smiled, as Lexi ran through the door.

"Was you good for Danny?"

"Yeah, where's Uncle Ast? Danny said he was here!" She said, getting all excited.

"He told me that you have to go find him," As soon as I said this, she was off looking for Aston.

"Was she alright then yeah?" I asked Danny.

"Perfect, made a few new friends too."

"When doesn't she?" I laughed.

Lexi ran past the living room door and Aston picked her up, scaring the life out of her.

"Guess who??"

"Uncle Ast!" Lexi grinned.

"Hello beautiful." Aston smiled, as Lexi turned around and saw him.

"Did you have fun at the park?" He asked, as they got into a full blown conversation.

"So, that's Aston then?" Danny whispered in my ear as I stood and watched as Aston and Lexi sat on the couch chatting away.

"Yeah, remember; we're a package deal Danny." I warned.

"Don't worry babe, I know." He said, kissing the side of my head before walking into the kitchen.

"Hey babe." I smiled, sitting down next to Aston as Lexi was sat on the coffee table looking at Aston.

"Hey sweetheart." Aston winked, knowing full well I was talking to Lexi.

"Shut up," I laughed, nudging him playfully.

"Mummy, Uncle Ast said that we can come to his house next friday!" Lexi said, excitedly.

"Oh did he now?" I asked, looking at Aston.

"I'll talk to you about it later." He smiled.

"Lex how about you go and change out of your uniform? I've put some clothes out on your bed." After agreeing, Lexi made her way upstairs to her bedroom.

"Where'd Danny go?" Aston asked, frowning.

"Just in the kitchen, I think he was getting a drink or something," I shrugged.

"Listen, I know what you're like OK? Just...When he comes back out here, play nice yeah?"

"But Jess I-" I cut him off by raising my eyebrows at him.

"I'll be good." He sulked, slouching down in the chair like a little kid, making me laugh.

"Ast, I know you better than you know yourself; I know you're only messing."

His frown soon cracked into a smile when he knew I was right.

"You got me," He smiled, sitting back up.

"I'm just looking out for you babe, you know that right?"

"Yeah I know." I smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"I just want you to be happy." He mumbled into my shoulder.

"I am." I smiled as I pulled away and Danny came out of the kitchen.

I took a deep breath before introducing them to one another,

"Ast this is Danny, Danny this is Aston."

"Nice to meet you." Danny smiled, holding his hand out for Aston to shake.

"Likewise," Aston replied shaking his hand.

"So you're an actor, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah.." Then Danny went on about his job as Aston, surprisingly, took an interest and I slipped off into the kitchen to leave them to it.

About 15 minutes later Aston joined me in the kitchen.

"Hey, where's Danny?" I frowned.

"Lexi wanted him for something, I dunno." He shrugged.

"Was you nice?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and folding my arms.

"Yes I was nice." He chuckled.

"Soooo?" I asked, waiting for his verdict.

"He's..alright," Aston sighed in defeat.

"And I know he's going to look after you. You said to be nice but that doesn't mean I couldn't interrogate him a little bit." He smirked as I smiled.

"I really do have the bestest friend ever." I grinned.

"Yes you do." He smiled as I wrapped my arms around his waist and he wrapped his around me.

"I'm glad you like him."

"Like I said he's alright, but seeing how happy he makes you makes me like him all the more."

Astons P.O.V.

I hate this. I hate seeing her this happy with someone else. Sounds really selfish I know but I do want her to be happy, just with me. How I've kept my feelings hidden this long is beyond me. You're probably wondering how long I've felt this way, right? You remember when me and Jess had to go to that charity event and she tried on that maroon dress? That's when. I fancied her beforehand, obviously, but that's when I actually started to gain feelings for her. I realised I loved her when I came home from work one afternoon and both her and Lexi made dinner in my apartment to thank me for one thing or another. So yeah, it's a long time. There's just no good time to tell your best friend that you're in love with them.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X