Part 49

Part Forty Nine

I came out of the bathroom to see Lexi's bedroom half open, I went over to see what was going on and heard Aston's voice, he must be talking to her about why's she's acting strange.

"No, Mummy's not allowed to play."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like Mummy anymore."

Hearing Lexi say she didn't like me anymore broke my heart, even more than it already was. I looked up and caught Aston looking at me sympathetically. I shook my head at him before running down to my bedroom and just collapsing onto my bed in tears. My own daughter doesn't like me. The worst part is that I don't know why.

It'd been 10 minutes since I'd come to my room and I hadn't heard any movement from Lexi's room at all; Aston must still be in there. I dried my hair and put my scruffs on before looking out of my window to see what all the commotion was. Turns out it was only a couple of dogs barking away at each other. I'd been staring outside for a couple of minutes before I felt Aston wrap his arms around me from behind and rest his chin on my shoulder.

He didn't even say anything, just placed delicate kisses on my shoulder up to my neck.

"She hates me," I said, in a complete daze.

"My daughter hates me a-and I don't know why."

"I know why," Aston said quietly, kissing my shoulder again.

"She doesn't hate you, she was just confused about what actually went on."

"What?"

"She thought you got rid of Lola on purpose." Aston chuckled as he said the word Lola.

"Who's Lola?" I asked.

"Her little sister, that's what she was calling the baby apparently."

"She was mad at me because I lost the baby?" I asked as my tears began to come back.

"In her mind yeah, so I sat her down and explained what actually happened to her. She understands why there's no baby anymore," Aston said, turning me around in his arms.

"She also said she's sorry for saying she didn't like you and questioned if you loved her." He said softly.

"She said that? H-How did she react?"

"Kinda how you are right now." Aston smiled, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"Is she okay? You did tell her that I obviously love her right?" I panicked.

"Course I did, I also told her that you wouldn't be mad at her too,"

"Course I'm not mad at her." I sighed, this was all my fault in the first place.

"Good, now come here," Aston said, pulling me into a hug.

"Everything's fine so stop worrying. And I know what's going on in your head so please please stop doubting yourself; you're a brilliant mum, don't let anyone tell you different."

It took me about 10 minutes to eventually calm down. This whole day's just not been on my side at all. I went into Lexi's room and apologised to her and vice versa, by the end of it she was back to her normal self again. Aston left at 8 to get ready for a night out with the lads, hesitating before he left but I made him, even roping Lexi into forcing him to go.

He really is good with Lexi. Actually no, he's great. 3 years is a long time to be friends with someone & get to know them. I've loved learning things about Aston and just getting to know him. The moment I told him I had Lexi I thought that was it but look at us now, closer than ever and a slight chance of a relationship. Because I'm a single mum, I promised myself I'd only ever get into a serious relationship if the man was able to accept Lexi and the fact that I had a daughter and would treat us both right. I definitely know Aston would, mainly because that's what he does now. Always taking care of us, plus Lexi loves him to bits which is adorable.

We'd dug a lot into each other's past and it's only a matter of time before he finds out the truth about Lexi's dad.

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thank you so much for reading..as always X