♣ - the8

fully edited:)

you and a few friends decided to take a weekend trip to a nearby amusement park. you all had the weekend off, and it had been a while since you all had hung out. most of saturday was spent at the waterpark section. it was all fun and games until everyone, but you, got sunburned. it was rather unfortunate, but you decided to make the best of the rest of the time you still had at the park. a few of the rides didn't interest you, but there was one that did. this ride had around thirteen people hanging around it. it was like a slingshot ride by the looks of it and you really wanted to ride it, even if it was just a one-time thing. 

you had walked over to where the line was supposed to start and stood patiently, waiting for your turn on the ride. the guys in front of you seemed to all be friends and were joking around about who was to go next. a tall guy started denying that he wanted to go on the ride, but the others pushed him into the fenced in ride area anyways. "why don't we let this person go with DK? i feel bad for holding up the line." one of the shorter males in the group suggested. soon all thirteen pairs of eyes were on you, and you shifted from one foot to the other in an awkward motion. "sure, she can ride the ride." one of the employees agreed and motioned for you to follow her. 

not before too long had passed, you were sitting strapped in the ride next to this guy called DK. he seemed nice enough but looked like he was about to piss himself. was getting on the ride with this guy really a good idea? the staff started to push the button to release the two of you as you started to panic yourself. as the basket seat got into launch position, the both of you started to yell and scream. "what if i die doing this?" you yelled as DK himself was beyond scared. the group that was under a shaded tent were talking amongst themselves before one yelled back towards the two of you in the seat. "then you die!" the ones who weren't paying attention were now, laughing and giggling at the joke. 

just as you were about to yell back a smart remark, the seat jolted forward. sending both you and DK into the air above the park. tears due to the wind were running down your cheeks, it was a really fast ride and continued to swing back and forth until it was slowly lowered back towards the ground. you were never coming back to try this ride. maybe it was the fact that one guy in the tank top said something rude or the fact the park employees had all control of when you were blasted off of the platform in that flimsy feeling seat. you really didn't care to know which of the two it was, you just knew this was never a ride you wanted to experience again. 

the others called out to their friend and asked if he was okay. you looked over and saw that DK was pale with bright rosy cheeks. his nerves must've gotten the best of him because he was sweating buckets at this point. "i'm fine, just a little shaken up." the guy in the tank top laughed, "at least you didn't die like you thought you would." DK looked very confused. "i never said that i'd die though?" the group went quiet as they panned their attention towards you, who was still sitting in the bucket seat trying to regain your breath. "it was the other person and not DK!" a dramatic screech was let out and you couldn't even tell which guy had spoken. 

"i am so sorry, i thought you were DK!" the tank top guy called out, throwing an apologetic smile your way. "oh, no its fine don't worry." you replied, wanting to leave and go on more rides. "let us buy you something to apologize yeah?" DK asked, extending a hand to help you out of the seat. "you really don't have to, i'm fine, really." the tank top guy walked up to the two of you and grinned. "i insist, think of it as a thank you then for going on the ride with this dude." DK received a jab in the ribs from the other guy. "the8 is bullying me!" DK cried out dramatically as the others laughed. "oh, sure then i guess but i really don't want to impose." the others shook their heads and continued to offer. you decided to not say no and go with them to get some ice cream from a nearby stand. maybe you should thank your friends for not wearing sunscreen yesterday.