Chapter 7

Sam slowly walked into school. He was going to avoid Gabriel. He couldn't get in trouble again. It had only been a couple days since being grounded, but they had felt like months.

Not being able to watch Netflix, go on his phone, go outside. And it was all thanks to Gabriel.
So now his only option was to avoid him, and wait out his grounding.

"Sammy! I learned your name, after your dad yelled you. I gotta say he sure was angry!" Gabriel came up from behind him.

Sam jumped three feet in the air before glaring harshly at Gabriel. He hated that nickname, only his brother called him that. Anyone else who did, never saw the light of day again.

"Geez tough crowd." He laughed lightly.

Sam sped up a bit almost to a jog. He saw his first period class in plain sight and almost jumped for joy. Next door he saw a glitter covered janitor mumbling to himself while cleaning up the mess.

Just like before he was grabbed. He turned around to glare at a grinning Gabriel. Sam harshly pulled his hand away and ran inside before he could pull another blackmail card on him, which he knew Gabriel would.

The last thing he saw before the door closed was Gabriel's angry glare.

Sam shuddered, he didn't like that look, it scared him.

....

The moment the lunch bell rang Sam ran to the bathrooms. He didn't care about lunch right now, he just needed to hide from Gabriel. He was extremely scared. That look...he just couldn't explain it.

One thing he didn't understand was why was he so angry. They had set up two pranks and then got caught. It wasn't really anything special, well there was one thing, they were soulmates. Of course Gabriel didn't know it, but Sam did. And he was going to keep it that way.

Sam sighed as he locked the stall door. He was hidden, completely safe, no one could have seen him.

The door opened loudly, and there were heavy footsteps that filled the room. Sam gulped nervously.

But why did he feel nervous? This was a public bathroom, a bathroom for the public. People come and go, this was just another person who needed to use the bathroom.

But strangely, the footsteps stopped in front of his stall door. Sam trembled slightly, he didn't know why he was so scared. They could obviously just be checking to see if the stall was unlocked.

"Hey Sammy! Unlock the door!" Gabriel's cheerful voice sounded from the other side.

Oh god how did he know? Sam carefully stood on the toilet and peeked over the stall door. He saw Gabriel pacing right outside with a lollipop sticking out of his mouth.

He caught Sam's nervous gaze and smirked. "C'mon its lunch time, the perfect time to set a perfect prank."

"Don't make me pull the blackmail card. You know I will." He said, pulling out an invisible card from his sleeve.

Sam slowly unlocked the door. Surprisingly, he didn't seem angry, he just seemed anxious. Sam carefully followed him from the bathroom and to an empty hallway.