Kanato x Reader - Teddy

Requested by undertakerswife15. Enjoy!

You were sitting on a couch in the living room, reading a book. The silence was beautiful and you relished in the peace and quiet. At times like this, the mansion didnt seem so bad.

You were so engrossed in your book that you didnt notice the person standing behind you.

"(Y/N), there you are. We've been looking for you, havnt we Teddy?"

You jumped about ten feet in the air.

"Kanato-kun! You scared me!"

He huffed, suddenly appearing beside you on the couch.

"Your so ungrateful. Me and Teddy spent 30 seconds of our precious time looking for you! 30 valuble seconds which we could have spent doing much better things!"

You blinked in confusion before uttering an apology. While Kanato went on about al the things he could have done in those precious 30 seconds, your mind was somewere else.

Was he always like this?

"...and we could have eaten a whole tin of sweets! Isnt that right, Teddy?"

Snapping back to reality, you looked at his stuffed companion. It always baffled you how the toy managed to convey such a sense of importance to the purple-haired vampire. You personally thought their relationship adorable, yet you didnt dare say anything.

When Kanato stopped rambling on, he noticed you staring at Teddy. He held the stuffed animal closer to his chest and hissed at you.

You jumped back at the unusual sound, before akwardly settling yourself at the furthest end of the couch. You knew Kanato wouldnt let you walk away now, so you just sat there and waited for his next move.

"Teddy likes you, you know."

You looked at him in shock.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He dose. He says he likes the smell of your blood."

Wow. Way to ruin the moment.

Kanato giggled. It was amazing how he could switch from different moods in the blink of an eye.

"Would you like to be friends with Teddy?"

Did you really have a choice?

"Um....sure."

"Then why dont you give him a hug? Isnt that what friends do? Give eachother hugs?!

Before you could answer, Teddy was in your lap.

Slowly, you put your arms around the stuffed animal and pulled him into your chest, prepared to run for your life if you did anything to upset the crazy vampire who was giggling like a two-year old.

Teddy was alot softer than you had expected, and smelt strangley of ashes and smoke. You smiled at how normal the bear seemed when he wasnt being adressed as a human being.

"Ok. Give him back now. You've been hugging him for two long and I'm getting jealous."

You carefully handed the bear back to his owner, a bit creeped out by the look he was giving you. It was a mixture of smiling, staring and frowning.

"Dont look so stiff. It's a great hounour to be Teddy's friend, you know? You should be thankfull."

And with that, Kanato disapeared, leaving you wondering what on earth just happened.