Kanato x Reader - Insanity

I know I've been gone for longer than Karlhienz has been alive, so heres a much requested Kanato oneshot to make up for it

Enjoy!

It was an eeirily quiet night. There was no sound, no gust of wind, no clouds in the sky.

Just you, the stars, the moon and the purple-headed vampire who sat next to you, his arm wrapped around your waist.

He had his faults. He lost himself in his nightmares sometimes and lashed out. You had the marks to prove it.

He was like a landmine, one wrong move and he'd explode. The way he could switch his moods in the blink of an eye made you shudder, but secretly you lived for it.

The adrenaline and excitement that came from being close to him had you addicted. He was a drug you were hooked on, and there was no cure for your addiction.

He was the only one who understood you. You had always been slightly different, but you had never told anyone. You wanted to be accepted.

Yet around him, all cares and worries flew to the wind. Your darkest thoughts, your craziest fantasies, he knew them all.

And he was always there when you woke up the next day.

So thats why you sat with him now, on the roof of the mansion, embracing the nothingness around you.

"Ne, (Y/N)-san, laugh for me."

You blinked.

"Eh?"

"Laugh for me. I want to here your laugh."

You gave him a look, but he looked completely serious, so you went along with it.

"Um...haha?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Baka. Watch me."

He threw back his head and laughed.

It wasn't normal laughter. It echoed through the night, bone-chilling, even scary. The look in his eyes terrified you.

Yet, as you sat there listening, you realised there was somthing funny about the situation.

Here you were, (Y/N) (L/N), sitting on a roof with a vampire. The absurdity of the situation washed over you, and you couldn't help but break out into giggles.

His crazy laughter and your manic giggling rang in the silence. You wrre singing a song to the moon and the stars, the very song of insanity itself.

And you loved it.