Ayato x Reader - Rage

It was one of those days again.

One of those days where you just wanted to be left alone and cry.

You had just lost your mother to old age, and the Sakamaki brothers hadnt let you speak to her for the last time. They had simply locked you in your room untill it was to late.

You were curled up, sobbing into your knees when you felt someone sit down on the end of your bed.

"Oi, chichinashi. Stop crying, Im thirsty."

You looked up to meet the eyes of Ayato.

You would never admit it, but you held more affection than you should for the self-centered vampire. Somthing about him had you hooked.

But today, you just were not in the mood.

"Go away, Ayato."

He smirked at you. "As if! You should know by now that you are my prey. There is nothing you can do about it, motherless pankake."

You snapped. You were practically seeing red. How dare he? It was his fault you hadnt been able to talk to your mother for the last time. Now he was going to pay.

"HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU EVEN MENTION MY MOTHER WHEN ITS YOUR FAULT I WASNT ALLOWED TO TALK TO HER FOR THE LAST TIME!" You screeched, standing up. Tears began flowing down your face, but you kept on shouting.

"YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE A MOTHER WHO YOU LOVED AND CHERRISHED WITH ALL YOUR HEART! WHY? BECAUSE YOU MURDERED YOURS! YOU HAVE NO HEART AND NO SOUL, SO DONT EVEN TRY TO ACT ALL SUPIRIOR! AT LEAST I CAN ACTUALLY LOVE!"

He looked taken back by your outburst. The amusment in his eyes slowly faded, and was replaced by regret.

"(Y/N), im sorry. I didnt mean i-"

"NO! DONT YOU TELL ME THAT YOU DIDNT MEAN IT! YOU MEANT EVERY WORD OF IT! YOU PATHETIC, SELF-CENTERED, WORTHLESS CREATURE! NOW MY MOTHER IS DEAD AND I WANT ABLE TO TELL HER HOW MUCH I LOVED HER AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

You screamed, slamming your foot on the floor. Tears were streaming down your face and you looked like a complete mess, but you didnt care.

As you finished your rant, you slapped the red-headed vampire round the face. Hard.

Realising what you had just done, you closed your eyes and waited for your punishment.

But it never came.

Strong arms lifted you up and laid you gently back on your bed. You were pulled into a warm embrace, with Ayato whispering in your ear.

"Shhh, Im sorry. Everything is going to be alright. Your going to be ok. Nothing is going to happen to you while Im here. Shhh."

You were shocked. You had never seen this side of Ayato before. You slowly relaxed in his grip, and burried your head in his chest, still crying.

"Ayato-kun..."

He placed a finger on your lips, hushing you. "Shhh. Go to sleep. Yours Truly will be here when you wake up."

As you closed your eyes, you felt a cold pair of lips on your forehead.

"Because I love you, (Y/N)"