Plot Twist I Love You [Mashton-AU]

a/n~

GUYS

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO FUCKING SORRY THAT WE DIDN't UPDATE LIKE WE SAID WE WOULD.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU OTHER THAN WE JUST HONESTLY WERE LAZY AND WE SUCK AND PLEASE DON'T HATE US

WE LOVE I PROMISE

I'M SO SORRY

HERE'S MASHTON TO MAKE IT BETTER

Plot Twist, I Love You [Mashton-AU]~

If you had asked him about it before he drove five hours to Manchester to see a no-name band play in a sketchy coffee shop on a Saturday night, Ashton would've said he didn't want to be there.

But he also didn't want to be home cleaning his kitchen and bathroom like his roommate, Jon, had asked him to, either. Which is how he ended up sipping an over-sweet hot chocolate and listening to Kirsten and Josh go on and on about bands he'd never heard of. Ashton had never been one for bands, but instead liked solo artists like John Mayer and Jason Mraz. His friends, however, were a completely different story.

"So, he just came up to you guys outside the All Time Low concert and invited you to this show?" Ashton asked, still confused as to why the lead singer of 'Flaming Hamsters' spent his time out on the streets talking to random people.

Kirsten sighed. "No--"

"But, yeah, let's just go with that answer," Josh interrupted, avoiding explaining the entire story to Ashton all over again.

Ashton just smiled a little and began to twirl and twist at the bracelets all over his wrists. He wore them because he liked them. And because he was sick of people looking at his cuts; but that's a whole other story.

"When's the concert gonna start anyways?" It wasn't even a concert. It was a just short acoustic show in a coffee shop.

"Right now," a voice said from behind Ashton.

"Niall!" Kirsten and Josh greeted the man.

"Ashton, this is the lead singer of Flaming Hamsters, Niall," Josh introduced them.

Ashton was already barely listening. As his friends talked adamantly with Niall, Ashton focused on a man helping getting the small stage ready. He looked about Ashton's height, only with more muscle definition that seemed to strain against his blue shirt. Ashton knew Josh wasn't straight, and neither was his Aunt Chelsea, but himself? Watching this mesmerizing stranger, he realized he'd never really thought about it. He'd always been one to focus on his problems himself before he burdened anyone else with them.

"...So that's Harry, Michael, and Liam," Ashton overheard Kirsten listing off the band and quickly zoned back into the conversation.

"Wait, who's the lad with the guitar again?" Ashton asked, needing to know.

"Michael," Kirsten answered. "Why? You think he's cute?" She was truthfully only teasing, but it still made Ashton because, yeah, Michael was pretty damn good-looking.

It turned out the band wasn't half bad. It wasn't necessarily Ashton's type of music, but then he got to listen to Michael's beautiful voice, which made everything worth it. He decided Michael sounded like an angel. It was the only way to put it.

After the short show, another band got ready to perform, but Kirsten and Josh decided they were all going to become Flaming Hamsters groupies for the day. (Ashton knew it was because Josh thought Niall was cute and Liam and Kirsten had a thing. Although he didn't say anything he still wondered when all this had time to unfold.)