Interruptions [Ziall-AU]

Prompt~ With two kids, married Zayn and Niall can't seem to find any alone time together

Interruptions [Ziall-AU]

Zayn's POV:

"Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!" Taryn, our three year old daughter came bounding over to me.

"Hi sweetheart!" I cooed, picking her up. "Where's your brother?"

"With Papa!" She giggled, hugging me tightly. Just then, Niall came over to the two of us, carrying our five year old boy on his shoulders.

"Hi Papa," I smiled at my husband. He leaned in and lightly pecked my lips. Taryn covered her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

"Yucky kissing!" Tyler, our son, shook his head.

"Hey Daddy," Niall responded, ignoring our adopted children for the second. They didn't always seem like they were adopted. If Tyler was seen in public with Niall only, people might think that they're blood related. His blonde hair and blue eyes resemble his fairly well.

On the other hand, Taryn had long, dark hair and hazel eyes, similar to mine. Nevertheless, we loved our children to death.

"You hungry?" I looked above my husband's head to make eye contact with my son. He nodded vigorously, grinning widely. He definitely had Niall's appetite as well as his features. "Let's make some dinner, yeah?"

The four of us went into the kitchen where we set them down and grabbed some dinner things.

"Go run and play, we'll call you in when it's ready, alright?" Niall kissed the top of Taryn's head and ruffled Tyler's hair before letting them run to their playroom.

"Now we're alone," Niall purred, putting one arm on either side of me and resting his hands on the counter so I was pinned. He pressed a soft kiss to my neck and I giggled.

"Babe, we've got to make dinner, remember?"

"Right, but that can wait?" He whined. I didn't blame him for wanting me. Because I was, you know, me. And we had two young kids and never found any time to fool around.

"Later, okay?" I promised, kissing his nose. "I love you Papa,"

"I love you too, Daddy," Niall kissed my lips, then started to boil some water for the pasta we were going to make.

Even if I agreed to Niall's pleads, we would've been interrupted. Tyler ran into the kitchen, shortly followed by Taryn.

"Give it back!" She screamed, holding her arm out while she ran. Tyler got past me, but I stopped Taryn before she could. "Daddy, Ty took Barbie!!"

"Come on princess," I said, lifting her. "You can handle dinner right?" I asked Niall. He nodded with a smile and I headed off to find my son.

"Hey Ty?" I called down the hallway on the second floor where both kids' rooms were. I poked my head in his door and found him sitting on the floor. "Can you give Taryn her doll?"

This was how our lives were. Niall and I were constantly breaking up fights and trying to solve their problems as young children. It was pretty exhausting. I wasn't gonna lie, being a parent is tough.

"Say you're sorry," I told Tyler.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Say thank you," I reminded Taryn.

"Thank you," she said quickly. They ran out of Ty's room and to the living room.

"Thanks for handling that," Niall said when I got back in the kitchen.