» Forty-Second Choice

{'There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds'}

Quinn

I had two choices.

It was either take all the risk and be brave just what my Aunt had advised me to do or rather what she persisted me to do.

Or...

Follow that bastard's order and end all my family's hardship including our future.

I didn't want to accept that this was all happening and at the same time, I made the biggest mistake of my life by not making sure that they wouldn't go here. But they were here. Here she was, obliviously walking into the pits of hell that was about to crumble down with me all the way back to the deepest.

I was scared. I was always afraid but I was trying my hardest to remain standing. It was painful to see my Risa trying to reach out for me but I couldn't and how I wish I could. However, at that moment, she gave me strength and courage. I wanted to survive. I wanted to fight for them. For my parents. For my grandma. For the sake of my family and also for my friends.

As I watched my Aunt's men dragging my girlfriend, I turned to the guy beside me. "Is everything alright?"

As he acknowledged me, he shook his head dejectedly. "We'd already gathered all your friends and cousins in the back room. That's only the damage control we could afford to do. However, we couldn't find your friend, Harry."

I gave him a worried look and straightaway, he held his earpiece and ordered all of the security to find my best friend immediately.

I knew that Elric's men were everywhere, hiding and waiting for a time to move. Or rather, a time to shoot in one wrong move from us. He wanted me to announce to the crowd that I can't run this company because I was still too foolish and young to do it. He wanted me to assign him as a CEO of this company as a façade and then after that, he would force me to sign the papers proving that all the properties that my family established would become all of his—— as if he could get away from all of it.

He'd probably kill us after in some sort of way that he wouldn't be accused. He was not that stupid to leave us alive so my Aunt told me to do this last thing for the sake of all. It was my only choice and of course, it would be suicide for my part too. So it was either to submit or to fight against him.

And of course, I would fight.

My Aunt approached me and then she soothed me by putting her hand over my shoulder. I didn't want to be dramatic and emotional right now because we were not that close but she was giving me a concerned look for the first time in my life. I knew she was worried for her husband but she told me that Uncle Richard wouldn't want us to lose without a fight, even if his life would be at risk for the sake of it.

I gulped and looked at her nervously. "I guess this is going to be the most dangerous time of my life."

She nodded and to my surprise, she embraced me closer. I tried my hardest not to cry again right now because there were people everywhere. Surely, they would assume that my Aunt was just happy because I was already a grown-up to even run a company. I didn't even know yet if I was capable of doing this business stuff and it was not the time to think all about that because we were seriously in turmoil here.

As we awkwardly pulled away from each other, I abruptly searched for that monster but he was nowhere to be found. It was not a problem though because I knew he would be there with me up on the stage waiting for me to call his shitty name. If only he knew that the plan changed. He better has other plans in his pocket or it would be a game over for him.