» Thirtieth Recoil

{'If you are going through hell, keep going.'}

Several weeks had passed yet curious eyes couldn't move on to the fact that Quinn and I were together. I've been chased and I've been pushed inside a closed space. Almost a disgusting mouth landed on my lips just because of the sudden news of my relationship with Quinn spread out. 

The entire week dragged like I'd been running from monsters and searching for my safe haven. Now that the peasants of my kingdom or should I say the entire school knew that my senior and last doll was Quinn, I was haunted by the people I cheated with, assuming that they could taste my sin again with their hungry lips.

And all those boys who kneeled around my feet were aggravated because I shattered their dream of having the sweetest face that they'd ever seen. Some of the girls were pretty sickened but who cares? 

I was the most desirable girl here until my girlfriend arrived and they could do nothing about it. It was a fact and I swore that I wouldn't mess this up.

I'd been busy with cheerleading and as a student council president, my Dad wanted me to fully organize the upcoming event for our school.

Next week was going to be the freshman week. We had this traditional event in which after we let the new students be comfortable in our school within two months, we were going to hold an event for a whole week as a means of celebration.

And this event was going to be organized by the student council. The first day would present a welcome show from each club or organization. Of course, the teachers and school admin would also prepare for their staging—whatever they could come up with. 

The second day would be the AnimaLove Day as per Tiana's request. She wasn't a member of the student council but she made sure that I would add it to my list of ideas. All the students should be wearing animal hats on their heads and the freshman students would have the opportunity to introduce their pets on the stage. Of course, there were going to be judges and prizes. And Tiana also assured she was one of the judges, of course. 

The third day and fourth day would be the Carnival Fun Booth which was the best and all the income would go to our chosen pet charity. We had it all ready but the thing I was worried about was the fifth day, which was going to be the Date Auction.

I'd been staring at my girlfriend's name on the paper the entire time. You see, she was one of the candidates voted by the majority of freshmen. I was upset because someone I don't know might win over her and would be the first one who could have a date with her all day. Our date was delayed because I was so busy at this event so I was dreadfully whining about it all day.

My moment of dilemma shattered when I heard my best friend giggled. "What did you expect, A? Everybody would want a date with her including the new students."

"Can I join this auction?" I asked, dumbfounded. I would spend thousands of money on my girlfriend.

"Of course not," Bailey answered boringly. "This event is only for the freshman."

"Who suggested this auction?"

"Me," Bailey responded again as she wore a poker face but in truth, I knew she was smirking within herself.

"And you knew that this is going to happen?"

"Oh, don't be like that, A," she said, batting her eyelashes innocently at me that earned a snort from Hilary. "I was just suggesting an idea as a council member. I don't know that this will happen. Believe me."