» Twenty-Fifth Argument

Quinn

{'I took the leap and built my wings on the way down to yours.'}

I was completely clueless. I didn't know what they were thinking. Or what was I thinking and what's gotten to my sister's head when she stole that black album from me.

Before we headed to the dinner, I had no clue what Khloe was fussing about. She seemed anxious, telling me that I'm a dim-witted girl for not having the courage to feel even a little bit of something for Risa. Although she didn't know how much I feel so different just from seeing her breathing.

My sister—— she clearly knew that being with Risa was like chasing a rainbow yet she was too stubborn to hear what she was saying to me.

Or maybe I was the stubborn one. My mind was turning down my own heart's plea. My body knew who it wanted. My eyes would always make their way to where they loved to gaze. My hands were responding to who it wanted to hold dearly yet my mouth wouldn't even escape a single word for her to be all mine. But my lips would always want to press all over her rosy tender one.

I sighed and tapped my feet on the carpeted floor as I rested my arms on the chair's armrest. Why Khloe is taking so long in the bathroom?

Sighing again, Uncle Nate got back as he came inside his office. He was holding a wrapped box and handed it to me with a smile.

"What's this?" I asked, smiling back at him.

"It's a gift for you," he answered as he seated across from me.

I frowned in confusion. "What for?"

"Do I need a reason?" He shrugged and leaned closer to tousle my hair.

I groaned, grasping away his hand from my hair which earned a crunchy laugh from him.

"Yes. Everything happens for a reason," I reasoned out.

"Well, because you're being a good girl?"

I laughed softly while shaking my head. "Uncle Nate, we both know I'm not so why are you giving me this gift?"

He caught a huge breathe before he released it tiredly. "Nothing. I-I just want you to stay... in here."

"Is there something bothering you?" I asked, creasing my brows in worry.

"Your Uncle Elric went home at last. He was searching for you and found you missing in your Grandma's manor. I really thought you told him about your leaving. He contacted me to check if I knew something and he was really... freaking out."

I smiled before I dropped my gaze with a bitter smile. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell him because I know that he's going to get worried about me. I really wanted to leave that place and Aunt Claire sort of... sneak me away from there."

"I kind of expected that from her," he said with a little laugh. "He's going to fly here next Saturday and I think he has something important to say."

"Okay." I nodded. "And?"

"And... I think that he's going to convince you to go back home."

I winced. "But this is my home. Khloe is my home now. And I don't really need this gift to encourage me to stay here because... I am staying."

He grinned. "I know but I still want you to accept this gift because I miss you so much."

My lips stretched into a huge smile and bent over to hug him. "I also miss you."