» Twenty-Sixth Wings

{'There are people who take the heart out of you and there are people who put it back.'}

Watching the stars hanging dazzlingly in the clear sky, I couldn't help but smile ever so lovely while thinking of her. If I could express magically how happy I was, then I was probably flying over the moon, watching all the meteors showering over my head. If I could describe all the rumbling butterflies within me, their wings were probably shining in beatitude. It felt like I was laying over the clouds, wandering on the seventh heaven instead of sitting on my room's balcony.

Peeking inside my room, I grinned contently at my friends, seeing that they were all snuggling together over my king-sized bed. Of course, Hilary was between the couple so that she could prevent the two from touching each other. Standing up and tiptoeing without a sound, I slipped inside my walk-in bedroom closet. I turned on the chandelier lights and started to rummage through my jewelry drawers.  Once I found the old golden box at the lowest drawer, a smile slowly emitted on my lips and I excitedly sat over the loveseat at the center of the circled room as I took it.

I opened the box and took the jewelry out,  my eyes cast at the silver necklace as I placed the two wings shaped in heart pendant on my palm. I had no idea that this thing was from Quinn. I just couldn't believe that she was the mysterious girl at our Halloween party and I was glad that I kept this thing for so long. When I found this necklace in my hand, I had this feeling that it was very important. It was like the wings of an angel were embracing my heart to soothe the pain from the heart-wrenching dream I had. The dream of her.

I was sure Quinn was the one who gave me this even though I couldn't remember all of it, now that I found out that she was the masquerade princess. Speaking of not remembering it, I noted to myself that I really had to avoid the influence of alcohol from now on. It was seriously messing up everything.

Standing up, I went to the front of my full-body mirror and looked down at the necklace in my hand. Would she allow me to wear this? I rolled my eyes at myself and arched my brow at the gorgeous girl in the mirror. Of course, she gave me this so it was already mine, right?

When I heard my phone ringing in my room, I ran for it and answered the call without glancing at who it might be before my friends wake up from their deep slumber.

"Hello?" I answered as I shut the door of my room closet.

"Risa," I heard Quinn's voice on the other side of the line so I smiled from how it sounded so adorable. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, I'm still wide awake. Why are you whispering?" I asked, noticing that her voice sounded like she was hiding from someone.

"Actually, I'm here outside your house."

"What?!!" I panicked as I began to skip to my cabinet and set out my sweatshirt. "Where exactly?" I asked, dressing up hurriedly.

"Uhhh... I'm beside a lamp post? I'm sitting on the bench... And, and I see a light coming from one room above."

Turning around, I noticed that my closet window was opened so I rushed closer and looked down to find her sitting on the bench as she was staring up. When she noticed me, she waved her flashlight with a priceless smile.

"Stay there," I responded and that only motion from her made the heat rose up through my cheek. "I'll come and get to you."

"Okay, gorgeous. I'll wait for you until I get to meet forever."