» Twenty-Fourth Hold

• Dedicated kay Open Hearts

{'I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.'}

If I could describe this situation, I could name a few things and it still would be a huge understatement.

The food was brilliant, of course-- a complete course of French cuisine which was set professionally over the table with non-alcoholic red wines for each one of us. The seat arrangement was somewhat awkward.

Dad urged me to sit next to Quinn because we were practically still together for him. As Tiana had told him, we were just quarreling-- no big deal! He was already accepting our relationship but I have no idea if Quinn and I were okay.

Of course, not! Quinn and I were not okay.

Next to me, Mom was chatting enthusiastically with Aunt Claire while my father seated at the head table. They were completely oblivious of what was happening. I was staring down at my plate, refusing my eyes to end up in a discomfited circumstances. If I look up, I was sure that Khloe would give me one of her nasty smirks. If I turn to the right, I was also certain that Dad was looking at us with amusing watchful eyes and if I look to the left, I couldn't trust myself not to embrace and kiss her in front of everybody.

I felt like I was in purgatory. I didn't even know where I belong at this terrible moment.

I just hoped that my best friend could stop herself from running away from this situation because she was sitting next to Khloe and I could imagine that she was now wearing a disgusted face.

Served her right though! Who told her to mess up with this witch by taking a body shot with her? That would be a total 'Eewww' for her so it was her fault in the first place.

However, Tiana, who was on the other side of Quinn, was fidgeting like a lunatic in her seat while Bailey was across from her. I was supposed to be the one who should feel tense at this moment but why was she making it obvious for everybody?

Okay, I admit it! I was incredibly tense but I was hiding it so well compared to my holiday girl.

"So?" my Dad finally spoke, causing my eyes to turn up to him almost instantly. "How do you find our school, Quinn?"

When my angel put down her knife and fork, my uptight nerve increased from that simple movement alone. Really, Arisa?! Get yourself together!

My angel giggled. "It's different... In a good way, of course. At first, I was so nervous about how could I make friends but as soon as I entered the school building, I was so surprised at what I'd witnessed."

Crap! Was she talking about how she had caught me flirting with the receptionist? Was she seriously going to say this to everybody?

Everyone was all focused on her. I heard her small laugh and then she continued, "The school outdoor is giving me a dictatorial feeling but the indoors were so homely and inviting. My previous school security was lax but I could say that even though your school has a quite strict environment about it, you will never miss the comfortable feeling it's giving from within. So all in all, it is awesomely cool."

"How sweet of you," my mother cooed. "If this is my daughter we were questioning, I'm sure she'll just roll her eyes about it."

Claire and my father laughed at my Mom's remarks including Tiana who joined with her nervous one. I shot Bailey my glare, trying to tell her with my eyes that she needed to control her girl before she could embarrass herself with her edginess. But she just ignored me, gazing at her Tiana like all she's doing was adorably appropriate.