» Sixteenth Cake

{'Cause in the end, all you really have is memories'}

I woke up from a dream. A dream about a witch stealing my angel away with her flying broom. I was chasing them but they disappeared in the sky when I fell in the pits of hell with all my dolls and the people I cheated with. It was a nightmare and once I jerked up, I was convinced that I was going to hell. And it wasn't even funny at all, knowing hell is a place that an angel would always hate.

I couldn't sleep last night as Khloe's declaration kept striking every limb of my brain. How could I compete with that? Was she just making fun of me or she was telling the truth? Was it even possible to fall in love in a week? Maybe I should've Google about it.

Heading downstairs, Enrique addressed me with a smile as he guided me to my breakfast. The food was tasty but it was nothing compared to Quinn's pancake.

Ah... Thinking about her became a habit. Before, most of the time, I was only thinking about myself. How beautiful I am. Or how sexy my body is. Spa. Pedicure. Dress. Shoes. Bags. Hair. Makeup and all girly stuff including cheerleading and party.

But now, all I was thinking about is Quinn. Quinn. Quinn. Quinn! It wasn't healthy anymore but it made me happy every day.

Parking my 2012 Porsche Cayman in my school parking lot (next to my Volkswagen car), my phone blared inside my Chanel bag. I smiled as I took it out hastily, seeing my Dad was calling.

"Hello, Dad!" I greeted happily.

He laughed. "Good morning, Risabear! How's my daughter doing? Anything you want to report to me about school-related things?"

I rolled my eyes while I stepped out and locked my car, resting my back against it. "Honestly, I'm still awesome," I said before hearing him chuckling. "And about your school? It's still standing in front of me. With great classes. Cool teachers. Stereotypes nonsense like you said and of course... without your daughter here, it will be terrible. So you and Mom better get me a sister or else, your school is going to be sucked forever without a little Arisa Gail Valentine on it."

He laughed again and even if I couldn't see him, I knew that he was blushing from my statement. "So how about the task I assigned to you before I left?"

I grinned, knowing what he was talking about. "I'm still on it." I paused, realizing that it wasn't the right words to say. "I mean Quinn is doing great. We're doing great. We're getting close like 'close-close'. The students like her so much, including the teachers. As you said she is a special kind of girl. Everybody is cool with her. Well, except for some girl who slapped her yesterday."

"What?! And who's this girl you're talking about?"

"Ella, the one who ruined half of my sophomore year," I informed, gritting my teeth as I remembered how the bitch hurt my angel.

I heard my Dad sigh. "Risa, give me a favor."

"I'm all ears, Dad," I said, frowning at his serious tone.

"I don't know the reason why Ella did that to her but don't let someone hurt Quinn like that. She's a fragile girl and I want you to take care of her, do you understand?"

I nodded confused because my Dad wasn't like this. He treated every student equally but why Quinn was so special for him. Maybe because she's the daughter of his best friend. "Of course, Dad. You don't need to ask and by the way, I didn't get to meet her parents. So are you best friends with her Dad or her Mom?"