» Twenty-Third Secret

{'Can you imagine finding someone who stays?'}

After I slammed my locker open, I tossed my books a little bit rough inside, causing all my stuff to fall on the floor. I cursed loudly, my voice produced echoes in the clear hallway. What a great day, indeed!

I missed out on Chemistry because of Quinn so I didn't have the option but to stay at the gazebo for a while before I decided to wait for my friends in front of my locker. I was so aggravated at myself because I really messed up. Things were getting worse every minute of every hour. These mixed feelings for her were tumbling me from top to bottom and I had this gut that it would get shoddier every time I would see her angelic face almost every day of my senior life.

Winding on my knees, I heard the last bell rang and all the student's various chattering could finally be heard around. Gathering together my stuff with one hand (the other holding my laptop), someone lent me a hand as they took my stuff from the floor. I gave them my thanks without even glancing up.

"No problem. I'm always here to help you," a voice said, amusement was fused on her familiar tone and I immediately raised my head to see the Lady Bimbo smirking at me. Great! She was the last thing I wanted to see at this last moment of this day but here she was, spoiling my mood for my whole weekend. Really great!

"Oh, sweet!" I cooed ironically and then spat out, "Thanks for making me so special every time you make me feel that I have no chance with her!"

"Woah! Easy, Feisty Butt!" she exclaimed and then shoved my stuff inside my locker. Khloe sighed deeply but her eyes were full of mischief. "You know what? Quinn is getting hard to handle since she got closer to you."

I huffed in disbelief. "So you're now blaming me for her behavior? You've been around with her since forever so I'm sure you can handle her with extra care."

"Sure, I can do that," Khloe answered, tilting her brunette head in a cocky manner. "But I have a feeling that I need to pass it on someone who can love her more than I do."

I frowned at her statement. And my blood was starting to boil in anger. "So are you telling me that you don't love her enough?"

Khloe shrugged nonchalantly. "Just enough."

"Are you fućking kidding me?!" I yelled but then toned it in a whisper, "Do you know how much she loves you?"

Khloe shrugged again. "Yes, I know. She loves me. I love her. That's enough, right?" she said with no difficulty.

"I can't believe this!" I yelled, earning glances from the other students so I lowered my head and hissed inaudibly, "So this is all just a game for you? Her feelings are just a joke for you? You know all about the game, right?"

She nodded with a little smile on her face. "Of course, she told me about everything. About the punishment. About how muchhhh she loves me."

I flinched but chose to ignore the ache in my heart. "But you're flirting with that Mohawk guy? Then you took a body shot with my best friend and did nothing but to make me jealous. But in the end, you won't even return her feelings?"

Khloe clicked her tongue. "Made sense for you?"

"No!" I spat, my fist nearly lunged at her face but I stopped myself because I knew better that Quinn would be mad at me for hurting someone she loves. "Why are you doing this to her? Why are you doing this to us?!"