» First Kiss

{'I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing. As though I had wings.'}

First day of school - nerve-wracking, actually but a little bit uneventful.

Just like the same hallways filled with students who were always gossiping and doing their own business. With sluts making out from corner to corner, jocks showing off their built-in body, emo kids I barely recognized with their messy hairs and bullying drama causing books to flip everywhere, it was still the same every year.

How cliché that was but I guess I was going to take advantage of these stereotypes.

Just as the same routine, we were always coming in together but this time it was more precious.

Why?

Because this was going to be our last march--- our senior year. It was the same ritual of a certain popular group whenever school starts. It was customary to show off who truly rule this school. Nonsense, actually but it was a tradition.

As soon as the students distinguished our presence, I thought the world had gone mad. Rolling my eyes, I watched the whole scene, the giggles of the cheerleaders grew louder as they witnessed the extraordinary.

Well, as they would always call it. Like a mix of swirling different colors of broken crayons---there were gaping mouths, annoying smirks, and stares full of lust with curses along their mouths.

So who was the target of this ridiculous disorder?

Yes, the most popular girl in our school--- the head cheerleader. The girl every boy wanted and every girl wanted to be. And girls also wanted her. In bed, actually, if you know what I mean.

Her name is Arisa Gail Valentine.

Oh boy, this commotion was really her fault. Couldn't blame her though, because she was born this awesome.

Oh, did I mention that my name is Arisa Gail Valentine?

I really need to stop talking about myself in the third person.

Ignoring all the students who had various expressions aiming at me, I opened my decorated locker and put out the necessary books for this day and then placed it in my designer bag.

Being a popular head cheerleader doesn't mean I wasn't a good student. Actually, I was an ace student. Sure, it sounded I was so perfect but what exactly perfect does mean. The word perfect is so subjective.

"Hey babe," a football jock greeted me with a lustrous stare as he enveloped his arms around my waist. What was his name again? It was around the letter 'D'. Oh, it was Douchebag.

A signature smirk escaped from my lips. "Don't 'babe' me. You're not nearly at the same level as mine." I sneered while throwing away his arms forcefully and turned around.

"You, dyke! Fu---" I heard him yell but he was cut out when my friends pushed him against the locker. Oh, did he forget that we rule this school? He didn't have any decency. How could he touch me like that? I didn't even know him.

The school bell rang, indicating us to storm away from our dramatic hallway to our own respective classes. I rolled my eyes from the deafening screech of its sound and started to walk to my own class when suddenly a familiar voice was calling out my name against the busy hallway.