» Twenty-Seventh Disturbance

{'Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.'}

Someone was shaking my shoulder when I woke up and I turned around when I felt two arms enclosed around me. Right away, I smiled when I caught the wondrous sight of my girlfriend as she was looking at me with a pair of dimples on her cheeks. I was glad that I was able to convince her to spend the night here because I didn't know if I could keep her away from me after what happened last night.

She was claiming that she was a professional stalker, but still, it would be dangerous if I let her wandering on the street with her sweetheart's face. So here she was, in our guest room, taking all the glory of my morning.

"Good morning, gorgeous," she greeted and gave me a peck on my lips. "As much as I would like to stay on the bed with you, I need to go. I don't want to get caught in here and way back home."

"Wait!" I sat up and pulled her back when she began to move away. Giving a little bite on her shoulder, I snuffled her sunrise fragrance and I giggled. "Seriously, you smell so edible right now."

She laughed, throwing her head back before she gave me a quick kiss on my lips. "Yeah right but I really need to go," I whined like a stubborn child so she cupped my chin to stop my blabbering and kissed me deeply. "I'll meet you later? I think Khloe and Aunt Claire won't mind having a hot guest."

"Sure," I answered, gently stroking her hair.

 "We can watch movies or play console games, or study... Or have a make-out session?"

"I think I prefer the latter. Can we do it now?" I teased, tracing my finger on her cheek.

She grasped my hand before I could touch her lips. "No, I really need to go."

Sighing, I reached my phone at the bedside table and looked at the time. It was almost four-thirty in the morning which indicated that all our maids and of course, Enrique were already up preparing for our early breakfast. Maybe Dad was already working in his office but I was sure Mom was still sleeping because she's not a morning person like me.

Rubbing my eyes, I watched my angel stood up and put her hoodie on. I was just sitting on my bed, observing how she moved gracefully without much effort. I grinned stupidly as I reminisced what had occurred last night. Our lips just couldn't break apart until our consciousness drifted us to our sleep with a satisfied smile.

"Hey, gorgeous. Stop daydreaming about me," Quinn said, peering over me.

Laughing, I threw the pillow on her head, making her glared at me playfully. Rolling her eyes, she neared closer, dipping her knees on my bed, and cupped my face. We stared at each other in silence before she leaned down to meet my lips, giving me the most gentle and passionate kiss. And I almost melt in blissful wooziness.

We broke apart and began to sneak out after I gave her a pair of slippers. Luckily, all the people around here were busy in the kitchen so we made it easier to the back gate where she had left her bicycle. I kissed her goodbye before she rode off, she glanced at me with a smile then she turned out of my sight.

"Are you sure about this, A?"

I leaped in surprise, jerking my head where the voice came from and finding Hilary behind me with her arms folded.

"Ry! You scared the hell out of me!" I cried out. "What are you doing here?"

She shrugged. "I know that you were with her last night."