» Twenty-First Punishment

Quinn

{'You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy.'}

"Yes, I clearly remember everything," I answered, meeting my sister's grave eyes that were similar to mine.

She was disappointed at me for not telling her about my moment with Arisa that night. She didn't know anything about what happened after Arisa and I escaped from the stage. She knew about how I've met Risa when were only nine but not entirely how much I've known her for years from her father's stories.

Of course, she was going to be upset because we are sisters. Once upon a time, we made a promise to each other that we would always tell everything even a small detail. She didn't want any secrets when it comes to me because she had this duty in her mind that she would protect me from everything.

And I hated it. It was like I was some weak girl that needed to be watched all the time. Yes! It made me feel so important. But sometimes, it's getting frustrating. She undoubtedly knew I was not capable of feeling any pain yet she would always be there to pull me behind her back like I'm a princess that needs saving. I had always been there for her whenever she was down yet she couldn't see that entirely. She couldn't see what's behind the moment when I had punched a guy who tried to molest her. She couldn't see that I can take care of myself. She couldn't see that capable of handling myself.

A solemn sigh escaped from her. She looked down, averting my gaze and I knew she was waiting for me to explain everything why I hid everything about Risa.

So I spoke calmly, forcing her to look at me. "Her father would always visit me when I was homeschooled. For five years, he was my only friend aside from you so we would always talk about her daughter. Of course, I liked hearing things about her so I was excited to meet her again after a long time we've grown apart. I guess being by yourself made me want to crave for someone perfect even if she felt so unreal for me. You know that I was caged inside that house. Grandma was always working and my only companions were the boring maids and my strict tutor. Luckily, my Grandma had allowed me to study in a private high school so I took advantage of that freedom. I had the chance to see her. I felt so free and I was so excited to be reunited with her. But once I met her, she has already forgotten about me and she was different from what her father had told me about so I felt disappointed. During my second year, I met Jane Hale and I must admit that she reminded me of Arisa. I knew that people changes but I couldn't move on from the fact that I had expected someone for those long-lonely years, only to be disappointed about her. I didn't tell you about this because I was trying to get her out of my life after that night and I believed it's clearly unimportant after what had happened between us. However, I didn't expect I'm going to be here. I didn't­——"

"Bullshit!" Khloe spat, interrupting me from continuing my confession. "How could you take her out of your life just for one night? Are you really this type of moron? I can't believe you're being so irrational. How can a single night made you so foolish?"

"She forgot about me!" I hissed back, standing up away from her.

"So?" Khloe mused. "All you have to do is to make her remember and you didn't do it. Instead, you chose to be the victim."

"It was pointless. We were thousands of miles apart and besides, she wouldn't care so much about me."

"Well, Uncle Nate was also miles away from you yet he still had time to visit you from time to time. And what's the use of getting together with her if your brain couldn't function right during that night? You don't like to be imprisoned in that house yet you chose to hide under your stupid mask. You've thought too much about it so you decided to push her away just from a single night?"