» Thirty-Ninth Feelings

{'If you love someone, let her go. If she comes back to you, then she's yours forever. '}

I tapped my foot in annoyance as I listened to the security guy who was talking with Khloe. We were outside the gate of this country club and I couldn't wait to see Quinn anymore. Khloe said she needed help but it was really odd that she wouldn't even answer her phone. We called her so many times but the line would always direct us to her voicemail.

Of course, my friends tagged along with me. They were waiting inside the car we had rented from the airport while we were talking to these two big guys wearing a guard uniform. Tiana was excited as I was while Hilary kept on complaining because she didn't get to pack properly as if this was a vacation. Bailey? Bailey just slept all the time as if she didn't care.

"I told you, Ma'am. We can't allow you to enter this private property without authorization from the people inside," he said, not paying his whole attention to us while he scratched his fatty face.

"Excuse me, Sir but the owner of this property is my sister," Khloe declared, her face started to get in the mood to smack these guards.

He smirked disdainfully and took a moment to inspect us from head to toe. "What's her name then?"

Khloe rolled her eyes. "Quinn. Her name is Quinn. She's my sister. Can't you remember my pretty face? Why don't you just call them directly so they will know that we're here?"

"No, we can't," the other guy replied stubbornly, shooing us away with his hand. "You see, we are not allowed to call the manor directly because of security reasons. We only let people come inside if we receive a direct order from them. We're just following the protocols, kid."

"Oh c'mon!" Khloe retorted, kicking the gate in irritation. "I swear I'll curse your whole family if you don't open this gate."

The obese guard scoffed and then he towed the bimbo by her arms. "Curse me all you want but I won't open the gate without permission. Leave or else—"

"Or else what? Are you seriously threatening me?! Me?!" Khloe yelled, whacking his hold off her.

Letting out a groan, I yanked Khloe's shirt and pulled her behind me. "Calm down. You're making it worse." Then I smiled at the two guards, exposing my charm. "Oh, c'mon big guys. You don't want to get your hands dirty over this dumb girl, right? Why don't we talk it out, clean and smooth? Just dial the number and——"

"No, we can't!" the boney guard cut me off firmly, checking me out as his eyes dropped on my chest. "Even if I want to get my hands dirty over you."

I gasped in disbelief, then glowered at him but Khloe dragged me away just in time before I could even slap his face. "That is sexual harassment!"

"Calm down," Khloe said, jerking me towards the car.

I ran my hands through my hair out of frustration, stomping my feet like an upset child. "What are we going to do?"

The windshield pulled down open, revealing Hilary as she raised her sunglasses off her eyes. "Try to contact Quinn one more time."

Shaking my head, I took my phone out, hoping that I would hear her voice. But when I was about to tap the call button, someone shouted Khloe's name.

"Khloe!" a guy around our age yelled over, closing his car, and ran towards us before hugging the bimbo.

My eyebrows crumpled in puzzlement as I witnessed Khloe's feature shifted in surprise and it took a second for her to recognize him before embracing him back.