» Thirteenth Truth

{'Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.'}

"This is going to be hell. The skank is finally back?" Tiana exclaimed as she sat beside me.

"Please, Tiana. Don't call her a skank. She is more than that." I said peering over my friends that were still on the line. "And what are you doing here?"

My holiday girl laughed while she opened her favorite orange juice. "This is table B4 —— our table. So why are you asking like I do not belong in here."

"Yes. This is our table but this my best friend's seat."

She groaned under her breath. "Just let me sit here from now on."

"Why? You're supposed to be by Bailey's side. As if it does make any difference if I allow you to sit beside me. We're on the same table, you know."

She sighed as she looked down at her own tray, her eyes jerked in irritation.

"Did something happened?" I asked.

"No."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

She remained silent for a while before she glanced at Bailey who was chatting with Hilary. Tiana's eyes were almost glistening with tears. A famished love beyond her gaze was so breathtaking and it was one of the things I envied about her.

"I-I'm just tired of pleasing her. I'm so done with her self-denial. Can you believe it? I've been in love with her since eighth grade and I've already done everything to make this feeling go away but it's all worthless. "

I sighed, rubbing her back gently for support. "Just give her time to realize how much she cares about you."

She chuckled grimly. "That's the point, A. She only cares about me. She doesn't love me back."

I shook my head as an objection and rested my head on her shoulder. "No. Don't say that. I know she loves you. Hilary and I can see what's behind her actions. She's just afraid of loving someone as special as you. You're my holiday girl, remember? You're someone that can bring a group together with your bubbly personality and I think being that kind person makes someone believe that they don't deserve such beauty as yours. "

"Thanks, A. That was really convincing," she said, smiling at me gratefully. "But don't you think I deserve my own holiday break from chasing her around like a puppy?"

Purring playfully, I raised my head to stare at her mischievous expression. "No, you can't but why don't you let me think of something? Seriously, you need my help."

Tiana laughed and this time, it possessed sincerity. "I can't believe I need some help from a cheater like you."

"Hey! Don't you forget that you're on my list."

She rolled her eyes with a smirk on her lips. "At least, I didn't cheat on someone like you do."

"Hey!" Bailey chimed in and my head turned up to see her staring at Tiana which was now eating her sandwich innocently.

Glancing at Hilary, I gave her a signal so she pulled Bailey to sit beside her.

An awkward silence was playing around our table so I cleared my throat and spoke first, "We have some development about the game. First, Olivia is back from her trip so don't even glance at Table F3 if you don't want to burn from her hideous face. Second, she knew that I was cheating with her and I think she's now plotting to ruin my reputation. Third, I think Quinn is avoiding me. So any advice, girls?"