» Twelfth Trouble

{'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned. Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.'}

I woke up with a tranquilizing touch. As I fluttered my eyes open little by little, I thought that I had awakened to another reverie, witnessing a beauteous girl smiling charmingly at me with a pair of dimples on her cheeks. She was stroking my hair softly while her other hand was tracing my face tenderly. Half of her body was hovering over my side while she was gazing at me as if I was the one who was preoccupying her own dreams.

"Good morning," my angel greeted harmoniously, dipping down to place a kiss on my lips.

My mouth curved up between our coupled lips, absorbing how enticing her morning flavor was. I cupped her face with both of my hands and kissed her back passionately.

"Morning," I said as I pulled away, tangling my legs in hers.

Quinn smiled and then her eyes barred with mine. Her gaze was gliding around as if she was searching for a hidden treasure under my ocean eyes.

I blushed, feeling the heat starting to stir up through my body so I cleared my throat, then asked, "Were you watching me sleep?"

She nodded and gave me a foxy smile. And then she sat up while both of her hands wandered down from my face. To my neck. Through my collarbone and then ended up on each side of my breast. A shiver ran down and up through my spine from the contact she brought upon my body. I grasped her arms to keep my mind steady.

When she bent forward, her golden tresses were like a soft royal curtain as it flowed down on my chest. Then she kissed the spot where my scar was printed as her lips brushed against my white summer dress. Was she really kissing my scar?

"Quinn—" I protested but she cut me off by squeezing my breast fully. I moaned at the intensity, feeling the flame on my cheeks.

A set of giggle glided out of her mouth as she stood up in my dismay. She hopped towards her closet, smirking at what she had accomplished.

"Hurry up, gorgeous! We're going to be late at school," she said, throwing a white Beatles shirt, black skinny jeans, and the jacket I had lent her on the bed.

Then I watched as she made her way out of the room, realizing she was all ready for school. She peered at me behind her door, smiling so beautifully. "Feel free to use everything you want in this room but hurry up before I eat all the pancakes I cooked for you."

I beamed in happiness as she headed out. Did she cook for me? My angel cooked pancakes for me? It must be heavenly.

I went to the bathroom, smiling foolishly before I slid off my dress. I faced the mirror which was fixed above the sink. I blushed at my disordered bed hair which was sticking out of place. I focused on my groggy eyes as I felt them burn slightly from crying last night.

Touching the scar with my fingertips, I just couldn't believe that I'd opened up with Quinn that easily. Not that I regretted it because she was so sweet last night; whispering soothing words to me as she held me until I fell asleep and I really, really appreciated it.

Everyone missed the mark. Well, except for Quinn.

My past girlfriends didn't even bother to ask where it came from during our business. They must be more concerned about touching my perfection rather than be curious about this little defect I have. So it was really surprising for my angel to ask about the story behind it.