» Thirty-Fourth Tease

{'For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack.'}

Long-distance relationship? Would I able to endure it? Of course! Distance might suck but as long as you love the person, everything is going to be all right, right?

Why did it had come to this? Oh right! This man appeared without notice, taking away my angel from me. To top it all off, that Krause was also claiming that my father is gay. I clearly knew that he was just making up stories but it bothered me so much. I wasn't really against the idea but it kinda ruined my mind because I could see that my father was very much in love with my Mom. I mean, yeah, whatever. Krause was just bluffing!

Placing my lappie on my lap, I hovered my fingers over the keyboard and typed 'How to survive in a long-distance relationship?.' A numerous site was recommended but I just stared at them before I shut my laptop in frustration.

"What are you doing?" a familiar voice asked behind me and I almost jumped in surprise.

"You scared me, Dad!" I whined, placing my palm on my cheat.

"I scared you?" he repeated as he sat across my seat. "Breakfast?"

I shook my head and pointed my mug on the center table with my puckered lips. "Just coffee."

"Today is the Date Auction. Are you ready?"

I scrunched my nose and frowned at the mention of that stupid event. It reminded me that this was going to be Quinn's last day here. She was going to leave tomorrow, her flight would be around seven in the morning. I wished I didn't complain about her being in that auction. I'd rather have her date some stranger for a day than watch her fly away from me.

"I'm not ready yet. It's— It's Friday. You know what I mean."

My Dad let out a sympathetic sigh. "I know, Risabear. I'm sorry. I tried my best to convince Elric to come up with another solution but apparently, Quinn needs to be there to settle things out with her family. Don't worry, I'm gonna hold her enrollment in our school and accept her with open arms if ever she decides to come back. And we can visit her from time to time. It's just a one-hour ride by the plane."

I sighed again, staring down at my mug while touching the necklace Quinn had given me. "I have a problem with the event, though. How can she participate in this auction if she's going to leave tomorrow?"

"Dismiss all of her votes and find someone else. We can't do anything about it so let the students believe some valid reason why she can't participate. I don't agree with this auction in the first place but I guess if we can control the rules then everything is going to be fine. "

"I think I can manage that," I said, reaching for my mug and sipped my warm brewed coffee. The warmth it was giving reminded me of my girlfriend's lips. We'd done everything this last few days.

Almost everything.

We watched movies together these last two nights. We held hands almost all day at school. We would embrace each other when given a chance. And I think I had this longest make-out session I'd ever done with someone which occurred last night with her. We even sneaked into the library just to talk privately. She never mentioned anything about her leaving though. She was just enjoying all our moments together as if she wouldn't leave. I didn't know how many pictures she had taken together with me or how many stolen shots she'd captured while I wasn't looking.