» Twentieth Mask

Quinn

{' It is the nature of truth in general, as of some ores in particular, to be richest when most superficial. '}

"Give me details."

I rolled my eyes as I marched into my room and sat on the couch, slouching. "There is no such details if she can't even remember everything last night."

"Yeah, that's why I'm asking you about it," Khloe insisted as she jumped over my bed.

"She is now my girlfriend. That's the detail you're asking about. Happy now?"

I'm happy. Why am I happy?

She hummed, rolling over then looked at me with a grin on her lips. "I know about that. She even took her time to show me that you're now her girlfriend. The question is how?"

"Nothing romantic happened so take it down on your head. I just blurted it out that she's my girlfriend this morning and that's it."

"What?!" Khloe exclaimed as she jerked up. "No kneeling or red thread of fate BS or... or butterflies in the stomach or even a spark or anything.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "First, I don't kneel for such a trivial thing. Second, I didn't bring a red thread because obviously, we were going to have a party, not to make a dress. Third, I don't eat caterpillars so why there would be butterflies in my stomach? And lastly, I'm not electrifying enough to be on the spark with her."

Khloe tilted her head, making faces from my sarcastic remark. "How that bitch even like you if you're such a dull and boring person? If you're not my sister, I won't even bat my eyelids to get any attention from you."

I shrugged. "If you're not my sister then I would probably kick you on your ass the moment I set my eyes on you."

Khloe whimpered as she put her hand over her chest. "That hurts. How can you say that to me?" she said before she rested on the bed and began to escape a set of fake sob as she muffled her voice with my pillow. "Does half of your brain isn't functioning? You can't even control your mouth from speaking so harshly. You're considering Feisty Butt as a trivial thing yet you can't even wipe off your smile ever since we left the villa."

"No, I'm not!" I hissed at her.

"You are," she countered back. "Can't you stop being immature? I know this is hard for you but I believe that you can do it. Just go with the flow and admit that you like her."

"I just admitted it yesterday!"

Khloe sighed. "Yes but you're still refusing it. You're saying ridiculous things about her. Seriously, you're my sister so you can take it all on me and I would be pleased to hear everything no matter what you say. Just tell me the truth."

I heaved a sigh. "You want the truth?"

My sister nodded and sat up. "I know the truth, Quinn. It's you who's not saying all of it."

"You know this is all new to me. This is my first time liking someone so I don't know how to ask her to be my girlfriend so I just blurted it out. You know Jane was just a diversion for my condition and even if she doesn't feel anything special for me, I still hurt her when she learned the truth." I paused, standing up to sit beside my sister, and held her hand. "Nothing. There is nothing more hurtful than this. But knowing that my relationship with Risa will be going to end up horribly when the time comes, I didn't even stop myself from making this huge mistake. I wish I didn't play along with her because I didn't expect that I would feel this way."