» Tenth Scar

{'The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside of us while we live.'}

Sunday afternoon.

Sounded like it was just an ordinary day but my mind was constantly begging to submit. It was like all the dirty thoughts I had gathered to my brain formed like a bomb which was set to spark off anytime. It was very odd for me to feel like this. It wasn't the first time for me to be invited over by a beautiful girl but why I was so tense when it came to my angel?

Favorably, my recent doll was on the vacation trip with her family so I didn't get to talk to her about the plan. And I still had to think of something that could make her agree that she wasn't my type of girl as I had told Quinn last Thursday. I was hoping that she decides to discharge herself from school or maybe she could forget about all of me once she gets back.

But I knew that it was impossible. I never even had a proper break up with her. In fact, I ignored her calls and messages throughout the entire break. Great, right?

As I stared at Quinn's house, I let out a deep breath before I stepped out of my Volkswagen Beetle car. Fretting foolishly, I looked at myself in the reflection of my car's window. I stroke my raven hair like I hadn't combed it properly for this day. Once satisfied, I ran my palm over my summer dress before I clamped my purse between my armpit and started to skip to her new painted house.

I strode into her porch and was about to knock on her door when I saw her sleeping on the outdoor couch on the far left side. Smiling at her weakest state, I went closer to my sleeping angel and bent down to get a good sight of her peaceful features. Did she forget that I was coming over or she waited for me here and fell asleep?

I brought my fingers to her loose blond hair and tucked it behind her ear gently. Tracing my fingers through her forehead softly, I leaned closer and kissed her lips hard but I immediately pulled away, curious about how the angel would look like waking up from a deep slumber.

However, she was still sleeping serenely so I frowned with a little smile on my lips. So my Quinn is a heavy sleeper.

I pressed my palm to her arm to wobble her awake but I noticed that she was holding a camera in her hand. Of course, damn curiosity got the best of me so I took it out of her weak hold cautiously.

Scanning through the pictures she'd taken, I looked at it with admiration. All were taken incredibly with stunning sceneries of every season. Snow falls through the winter. Sunset on the summer horizon. The floating leaves of the fall and the blooming flowers of spring were all taken professionally. Quinn loved photography. Duly noted.

Smiling in awe, I proceeded to scan more of her talent but my face fell in abhorrence when I saw a picture of her with Captain Bimbo as they hugged each other. Why did Khloe have to spoil everything? Like she was a one percent germ hiding beneath Quinn's ninety-nine percent purity.

I looked through some random button until I finally found the delete command and successfully pressed it without hesitation. But there was next to it with Khloe giving my angel a piggyback. I groaned, hating the fact that this bimbo seemed closer to her than I was. The last time I checked, this Khloe was straight as her narrow mind so why I was feeling jealous of her? Why do I feel threatened by this Khloe?

"What are you doing?"

I jumped slightly at Quinn's voice and I looked up at her stunned. She had these wrinkles between her brows as she dropped down her gaze to her camera that I wasn't supposed to be holding right now.