Warrior Realm

Anna

Gods, it's so cold! I pulled my hood over my head and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I hope Sumia and that pegasus get here safely...and that she has warm clothes.

"How are you holding up, Anna?" Chrom asked me. 

I shivered in response. "Fine. Cold, but fine." When I looked at him, his face seemed to be reddened by more than just the cold. "What about you? You look really flushed."

"Oh! I, er, I'm alright!" He quickly broke eye-contact with me.

I rolled my eyes and giggled at the prince's actions. He's been like this since he walked in on me. We can barely even talk without him getting flustered! It's cute, but I really wish he would calm down.

"Brrr! F-F-Frebberick! I'm f-f-freebing!" Lissa whined as a gust of cold wind blew.

Frederick chuckled. "Stand beside my horse, Milady. She'll shelter you from the wind." Lissa gladly took his offer.

Before we knew it, we were standing in front of a large fortress. "So this is the fortress?" I asked.

Chrom nodded. "Yes, the Longfort," he said. "It stretches along the border of Ylisse and Regna Ferox."

"The khans that rule Ferox have grown quite wary of foreigners," Frederick warned. "Still, don't mistake a lack of hospitality for open hostility. This simply calls for a bit of diplomacy."

Chrom sighed. "Negotiation's not my strong suit, but I'll do my best." He turned to the Shepherds. "Remember, everyone: your actions here reflect back upon Ylisse. Frederick, inform the guards of our intentions."

"Yes, Milord."

I stared up at the Longfort. "It's so big...why did they build such a large wall?"

"The Feroxi do not mess around when it comes to battle," Chrom answered. "There's a saying about the Longfort: is it used to keep enemies out, or the Feroxi in?"

I gulped. "They must be a very ferocious people, then."

"Indeed, that is why they will be valuable allies to have."

Just then, Frederick came back and the look on his face was not a pleased one. "Trouble on the wind, Milord: the Feroxi Guard are mobilizing."

"What?! Why?" Chrom gasped.

Frederick shook his head. "Who can say? But they look ready to let fly at a moment's notice. We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe." He glared at me. "Loath as I am to trust her, Anna might offer some valuable insight in this."

I glared back. I'm trying so hard to restrain myself from strangling you.

"Indeed, she IS our tactician, after all," Chrom smiled. "So, Anna, what do you suggest?"

I gazed up at the Longfort, enemies were already beginning to assemble. Gods, they look strong! I really hope this won't break into a fight! "...In case a fight breaks out, I think we should split into two divisions. Frederick-"

"Halt! Who goes there?!" I voice boomed. This doesn't look good!

Chrom took a deep breath. "In the name of House Ylisse, I seek an audience with the Khans!" His voice was loud and confident.