Marth No More

Chrom

"I don't even know where to begin." Marth says.

"I already know you're not "Marth," though I've nothing better to call you... But I'll ask nothing of you that you don't wish to reveal. Whoever you are, Ylisse owes you a debt beyond repaying." I say.

Marth shakes her head "Thank you, but... I think I would prefer you know the truth." She says, smiling a bit.

"As you wish." I say.

"Here... Look closely, and all will be made clear."

She looks up, and walks towards me. Once she's in front of me, she turns around. I stare at her, trying to see what she wants me to see. And then, I see it, and gasp in shock.

"That's the... Brand of The Exalt..."

The realization hits me like a pegasus dropping out of the sky.

"Lucina..."

I look at her, and then to her sword. The sword that is identical to Falchion.

"You deserved better from me then one sword and a world of troubles... I'm sorry..." I say.

Lucina starts to cry, and she closes her eyes tightly. I reach out, and brush away her tears. She looks up, and collapses in my arms.

"Oh, father! ...Father..." She cries. I place my hand on the back of her head, and stare off, a new form of determination settling in me.

After what seems like hours... we separate. We stay silent for awhile.

"Better, Lucina?" I ask.

"Yes. Father... I'm sorry. It just all rushed back at once." Lucina admits.

"Father..." That word was never really familiar with me... it brings forth a new emotion inside of me, the same type of emotion that I felt when I held my child for the first time.

Lucina winces back "Should I call you something else?" She asks.

I shake my head "No, it's just strange to my ear. ...I like it." I confess.

Lucina smiles "...Father! Heh heh..." She laughs.

I laugh as well, and rub the back of my head, smiling "Hah! Yes, it will take some getting used to!" I admit.

"I'm sorry-Chrom?" I hear Anna ask.

I look behind Lucina, and there she is "Hmm? Oh, Anna. What is it?" I ask.

"It's just that... You two are out here alone, and Marth is... crying. This is how ill rumors are born." She frowns "I trust you, Chrom, but is there a reason you and Marth need to be alone?" She asks.

Oh gods... this just got awkward! "Can we tell her, Lucina?" I ask.

Lucina nods "Of course." She answers.

Shock spreads on Anna's face "Lucina?!" She shouts.

"Anna, this is going to come as a shock, but... I'll just say it: This is our daughter." I say.