The Conqueror

Chrom

...This is it. We finally arrive at Valm Castle where we will face Walhart and his men. The war will end this battle. This conflict will soon be over. I'll only need to worry about the future. All of our nations will soon be at peace. I'll get to see my baby girl once again.

I look around at the deserted castle "...Where is his army?" I ask.

"No sign of them yet, milord." Frederick answers.

Anna looks around "Hmm..."

"I don't like it. They could be buying time..." Flavia points out.

"...Buying time for what?" Lissa asks.

...

They arrive.

I stare into the distance and see a large man with flowing white hair and blood red armor upon a large steed. He certainly seems to look like a force to be reckoned with. 

"That's him, isn't it? Walhart... Brave of him to face us." I say.

Say'ri nods "Brave? Aye. But more likely he just wants to enjoy this himself." She says.

Walhart readies his men "You do your sister's legacy proud, Prince! But humanity has a savior. A conqueror who broke stronger men than you when they refused to bow. Warriors of Valm! Ride with me now! Together we will stamp out this final pack of insurgents and unite the world!" He orders. His men cry out and advance.

I turn to my soldiers "Everyone! This is it! Remember what we are fighting for: Peace! Advance!" 

My men soldiers let out a louder battle cry than Walhart's and advance with determination on their faces.

Anna and I share a look and whisper "I love you" to each other before we advance.

We charge forward taking down enemy by enemy. I attack a paladin and Anna shoots and Arcthunder at him to finish him off. I watch around me as the Valmese forces fall and withdrawal. We're doing it... we're winning! 

The battle continues on, and soon enough, I find myself face to face with Walhart.

"Why do you resist me, little Prince?" He asks.

I glare at him "You enslave the weak and kill the able. You are the enemy of peace." I answer, signaling to Anna that she should prepare to fight.

"I would end the reign of the gods, and you object on moral grounds?! Blood is spilled in any new birth, Prince. And many a just cause, as you know..." Walhart says.

"There is no justification for what you've done," I shout.

Walhart laughs "By whose laws do you judge me? Yours? Your sister's? The gods'?" He asks.

I grit my teeth "You cannot-"

"Look at you! Are you not ashamed? Your mind is filled with nothing but secondhand beliefs. You dance upon the stage of your gods like a mindless puppet! THAT is what I reject: being a slave to tradition, to obligation. The old ways. Damn the gods! Damn their fates and their destinies! I will have true freedom! Any man who offers less in my enemy." He says.

I ready my blade "Enough! I don't require every detail of your twisted philosophy. You're a villain and a murderer, plain and simple. And I am the justice you deserve." I shout.