The Day Before

Anna
10 months later...

I take a deep breath, and walk around the courtyard. Tomorrow's the day... tomorrow's the day Chrom and I get married! Finally!!! I laugh as happiness bubbles inside of me. It's been so long since he proposed to me... and at least ten months since we announced it. Tomorrow starts the first day of my life... we will finally be able to do everything we've dreamed of! I just hope all of the peaceful times we've talked about will last...

I take another deep breath, I can't help but feel a little nervous though... so many things can go wrong in so many ways it's unbelievable! And I'll be queen... something Maribelle and Chrom had helped me prepare for. Oh gods, and an heir... the people are expecting us to have one before the end the year... not like that's going to be a problem... I sigh, Still... the thought of being a mother surprises me. No, Chrom and I have wanted to have kids for a VERY long time, and that's now only a step away from us.

Taking walks during the night always helps me... it's so relaxing.

"I see you're restless too." I hear a voice say.

"GAH!!!" I screech.

Chrom emerges from behind a tree, laughing. "Sorry love, didn't mean to scare you." He says, smiling.

I calm down a bit "I-it's alright... I'm just a little jumpy, that's all." I quickly say.

He stands next to me, staring at the stars and smiling widely "I can't believe that tomorrow's the big day! It seems like yesterday we were still fighting the war... time does fly." He says.

I nod "Yeah... it really does." I say.

He looks at me "I don't think I tell you how excited I am! In less then 24 hours... we'll be standing at the altar, finally." He says, laughter lacing his voice.

"Yeah..." I mutter.

"Is something wrong?" He asks.

"No... just nervous." I say quietly.

"Nervous? Please don't tell me you're getting cold feet!" He exclaims.

I frantically wave my hands in front of me "No! Nonononono! I couldn't be anymore excited about our wedding! It's just that... I'm worried something might go wrong. I could trip on my dress... I could stutter during my vows... there are so many things that could go wrong so fast!" I exclaim.

Chrom just laughs "Hahaha! You're worried about that? Anna, everything will be fine! If something happens... well, it'll be a funny story to tell down the line! Remember, Sumia fell down the aisle, and she still lived through it and had a great wedding. Don't worry so much... if you do, you won't be able to enjoy the wedding day! Just relax, and let it happen, ok?" He says.

I think for a moment, and laugh "Haha! You're right, that's a first... I need to focus on what's in front of me, not what could happen. Thanks Chrom, I  really needed that." I say.

He wraps his arm around my waist and smiles "Of course darling, I love you." He kisses my head, and then my lips.

"Now, you should get some sleep. We have a huge day tomorrow! And I can't wait for it any longer!" Chrom says, poking my nose.

I giggle "Hehe! Yeah, I'm starting to feel a little tired. I guess I'll see you at the alter. We both know that Lissa is gonna isolate me from you until the ceremony. "It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" I think is what she said, in fact, I think she'd throw a fit if she saw us together right now." I say.

Chrom kisses my head once more "Right then. We wouldn't want that, would we?" He releases me and steps back "I'll see you tomorrow, my love." He says.

I yawn, and wave him goodbye "See you tomorrow."

I make it back to my room, and curl into bed. This is the last night I will ever sleep in here... and good riddance.

__________________________

Short and sweet! I just wanted to add one more piece of fluff before I totally overload this story with it. The next chapter will probably come out in a day or two? I don't know. I plan on making it kinda long. First order of business, look up how weddings are done XD! (Pls recommend any sights that may help!) I hope you all look forward to reading more! Thank you!

Currently listening to: Marble Soda: Shawn Wasabi